• 2 weeks later...

Good progress made over the last week, with the top side scheme completed and touched up where required.

27181449844_bd93ae358f_c.jpg

27793133085_e383131572_c.jpg

27793133805_515f288196_c.jpg

27181452204_79712f888d_c.jpg

27793135065_ea553016a0_c.jpg

27181452614_fe8b0bc40e_c.jpg

Next will be to do the undersides and a post shade/fading overall.

Had a bit of a set back yesterday when I was masking up the under surface of the tail boom for the Light Grey, the Tamiya tape pulled off some of the paint :bandhead2: so had to spend some time sanding back the affected area and re spraying. Should still have it finished for next week though.

All the spraying work has been completed(except for flat coat, so time to move onto the detail painting which isn't much on this one. Getting there slowly :whistle: ..........

Fantasy Printshop decals are absolute :soapbox: the main roundels and fin flash do not respond to Micro Set/Sol and are so thick I could use them as coasters, also about 30% of the decals so far applied have disintegrated while working them.

Think I'll be dropping LM Decals and Fantasy Printshop an email.

They're a British based printing firm that seem to appeal to the smaller decal producers, although they also print for Wolfpak decals. No where near the quality of Cartograf or Microscale.

So far I've managed to a certain extent to save most of the decals, but it's painstakingly slow having to repair them, was up till 2 in the morning decalling.

Took the Command decision and decided to strip the decals from the build, most notably the roundels, fin flashes and serial numbers. The roundels/flashes were the wrong colour(more a Royal Blue than Dark Blue) and I was hoping that they would have darkened once set but no such luck, they also weren't confirming to the surface very well so they had to come off.

Luckily I have a lot of spare Greek decals and I managed to find replacements in amongst them, the roundels by my reckoning are about 1mm under size but hey ho.

I'll get some pictures up later.

Finally, after what seems like an age and at times a very frustrating build I've got there. Having never finished a helo before(started a few)I was determined this one was going to see the distance. I've always wanted a Hellenic AB-205 to sit next to the rest of team and now I've got one 'happy days'.

Just the one pic for now, I'll get more up in the gallery over the next couple of days

27810877650_8bed776741_c.jpg

A big thank you to all for the words of encouragement when they were needed, and a massive thank you to Tobi and Andrew for hosting a great GB of my favourite subject :wave:

Best wishes all

Scott

Woooahhhh! OMG, you made the best helo in the HAF GB! And the inflatables makes the Huey really special, glad you did not gave up and finished it. Now we all can see...your enduring was worth the result!

btw: You have been so busy and active in that GB, just like an unofficial "shadow"-co-mod. I say thank you for your presence here!

Edited by tobiK