Zap a Gap(medium)CA, it's past it's shelf life and is temperamental, it either works or more often it doesn't :wacko: . Will need to get a new bottle with my next order of supplies.

Hi all, looks like the build will not be finished by the deadline. Last week my laptop died on me and is currently away for repair and as all my reference material is on machine I've had no option but to put the build on hold. It also looks like everything on the laptop will be lost so by the time I get it back then reinstall and find all my references again time will have run out.

Hope you guys are having better luck than me.

I know that situation very well! It is the hard way to learn that computer users should make a backup on a second or external harddrive...

So sad, your build looked very good and ambitious. In my eyes a GB project that must be up for a price.

Come on Scott...give us a break...We "watched" season1, and now you are telling us that the anticipated season2 will be postponed...come on...don't disappoint your "fans"...

I'll see what I can do, one positive is I now have all the correct colours of paint for the bird. For the moment the only internet access I have is through my work IPad so I may be able to download some pictures of the actual hello I'm building(4497).

Scott,

Seems this GB is cursed for me as well. Apart from all the travel I've had to do and the stencil incident with the RF-4E I had, I've just spent a week in hospital with a pretty serious health scare. All good now but modeling is off for a few days at best. I'll push on as must you my friend! Let's do it!!!!

Edited by Crazy Snap Captain

Hi all, good news is the build is back on although it will most probably not be finished in time for the GB due to upcoming work commitments.

I've been working on the rotor assembly, finishing off the cabin/door areas and the skid flotation devices. Will post pictures later on tonight.

I'll try my best to finish it in time Tobi :thumbsup: .

As promised here's some pics to show you where I'm currently at, starting to take shape now but still a long way to go.

Although the Greeks operate two versions of the AB-205/AB-205-A1, it would appear that no two examples are the same with various antenna, rescue hoist, and even fuselage shapes differing between a/c.

I noticed late on that the a/c I'm building has a different tail profile from others, so a bit of modification required. This addition will be sanded to blend into the existing profile of the tail.

27238319106_4dd366c8bb_c.jpg

The skid and flotation bags(these again differ from a/c to a/c), are more or less finished, still to be attached to the main body.

26666233263_ffd397f890_c.jpg

26666232203_99d8740dd0_c.jpg

Couldn't resist building up the sub assemblies to see how it is looking overall, you can also see in these pics the tidied up cabin/door area.

27238317436_85db104d9a_c.jpg

26666234243_1c38a364cc_c.jpg

27175114512_3b9e6305ba_c.jpg

Next step will be to check the complete model before commencing with the main paint job. First step will be to shoot a White base over the area where the Yellow band will be.

Just a small update tonight.

Started painting up the remainder of the sub assemblies namely the rescue hoist and tail rotor, also sorted out the tail profile.

27215057052_fea717ff63_c.jpg

27279082906_38059f1ed1_c.jpg

Scott

Update,

Got the windshield installed, required a bit of filler all around to seal the gaps, has been checked and smoothed off since picture was taken.

27381977376_3a16bd1f48_c.jpg

Applied Matt White over the area where the Yellow band will be as it gives the Yellow a better appearance.

27381984606_7075650167_c.jpg

Hoping to get the Yellow on tonight.

Hi all,

Hitting a brick wall :bandhead2:/> with the build at the moment, and need some help.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=293415

G'day Scott,

I would recommend the 0.4mm Aizu masking tape. I would put down a layer of this thin stuff to define the edges and then mask over the top with a wider size to prevent the edges lifting.

Tamiya also makes thin masking tape for curved surfaces but I have not used it.

Keep going, you are nearly there,

cheers,

Pappy

After asking for advice on the problems I was having masking the Black stripes around the Hi-viz Yellow band, I took some of the advice and tired again last night and tonight.

I'm pleased to say that this time results were far more satisfactory and the stripes have now been applied, and have turned out pretty well with only very minor adjustments required.

27568149755_2d2250f554_c.jpg

27469316042_4f4889911a_c.jpg

27568148015_d13380627c_c.jpg

and this is where I'm currently at

27469318082_fc49395c7f_c.jpg

Edited by scotthldr