Digital art of an F-16 firing a missile

24482263426_70c89d3a03_b.jpgGeneral-Dynamics-F-16Cfiringharm_flat_upload by Jesse Flauta, on Flickr

Hi all, this is my first time posting in ARC forums since 12 years ago. Back then I had built a 1/48 Hasegawa F-16CJ when I was 17. I will always remember it as my favorite build. The lineart is mostly output from a sketchup model in wireframe mode, which was then "skinned" and rendered entirely in photoshop.

I recently returned to scale modeling starting around May 2012, and on my shelf is a 85% completed 1/48 Monogram A-10, a 20% done 1/48 Monogram F-105D, and a completed 1/35 Academy Panzer IV tank. I recently purchased a 1/48 Hasegawa F-22 that is still in the shrink wrap, as I promised myself to open only after completing the other 2.

I'm a fan of modern US fighter jets, motorcycling, and anime. I'm on instagram and deviantart.

Thanks for looking!

That's badass! Do you think you'd be open to prints? If you put together a nice collection of these, you could make a book.

Forgot to mention: I like the 'fictional' part of this piece. I don't believe the F-16 has fired the Sparrow from those pylons, and I'm not sure if they have ever fired them with that weapons config. BUT I like this because it reminds me of some sort of 1980s cartoon.

Edited by Exhausted

Thanks exhausted! Having poured over F-16 reference in the past, I realize this isn't accurate at all. I was toying around with models you can download off of 3dwarehouse and came across this one, so I did this as a quick stylistic experiment. I don't do 3D computer modeling but if I did, I'd add the ECM, targeting pods, and RWR beer cans. Also they'd probably never fire a missile that close to the ground, but I like the dramatic point of view that would never be captured in a real photograph.

There is a special pylon for the #3/7 station for Sparrows. I guess it is called the 501 pylon. So the missile in the artwork is fired from the correct station. I have never seen pictures with Sparrows on another station. Let's call the rest artistic licence.

Anyway, a very nice image!