Su-27 Russian Knights

Hi,Guys

It's my first topic on this formus .I hope you enjoy it and share some experience about model-building. :worship:/>/>/>/>/>

The model kits from Academy scale 1/48 and I collcet many accessories such as PE ,resin parts and Russian Knights decals.

Now,here we go B)/>/>/>/>/>

145343571296.jpg

14534357121.jpg

Edited by aircraft

Again

I cut the bottom fuselage on nose landing gear area and main landing gear areas.

Amazing at the details of aires resin parts! But main landing gear bays bent with red box :bandhead2:/>

145344891248.jpg

145344762989.jpg

145344763047.jpg

I gave up cutting the langing gear bay and only cut the wheel bay for replacing,because of I am afraid it will damage intensity of fuselage but also bent landing gaer bay.I only cut some details and build them on original plastic plate...

145344809916.jpg

Edited by aircraft

Fantastic looking wheel bay. I 2nd what niko says. The resin will soften enough if you put it in some really hot water. Understandable about not wanting to damage main fuselage plastic and really like your plan of placing parts from resin wheel well onto plastic. Keep up the good work!

Fantastic looking wheel bay. I 2nd what niko says. The resin will soften enough if you put it in some really hot water. Understandable about not wanting to damage main fuselage plastic and really like your plan of placing parts from resin wheel well onto plastic. Keep up the good work!

Please take a look at this picture...

IF using the main landing gear bays ,I must cut the red areas as instructions and yellow areas maintain the linkage between fuselage and wings only.I worry about the remained plastic panel is too weak .It's difficult for me to decide cut or not,in view of keep the fuselage stronge I chooes giving up.

Thanks for the ways you gave me. :worship:

145363488357.jpg

Please take a look at this picture...

IF using the main landing gear bays ,I must cut the red areas as instructions and yellow areas maintain the linkage between fuselage and wings only.I worry about the remained plastic panel is too weak .It's difficult for me to decide cut or not,in view of keep the fuselage stronge I chooes giving up.

Thanks for the ways you gave me. :worship:/>

145363488357.jpg

That's an understandable concern especially with the cost of kits these days. I say live to fight another day. As I said before I like that you are at least taking the parts that will spruce up the kit wheel well and placing them onto the kit. Keep up the great work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good start and good luck. I am building the same kit with almost the same amount of aftermarket, so i know what awaits You. Don't cut the fuselage as you have already cut the resin parts because of warpage. Just add some copper wires to add detail.

Sorry if I post the photo of my wheelbays during construction. I will delete them upon Your request.

This is what You will have to do if You decide to cut the lower fuselage. Brass struts are glued along the lenght of the wing to straighten them as they are bent OOB.

P1020416_1.jpg

Good start and good luck. I am building the same kit with almost the same amount of aftermarket, so i know what awaits You. Don't cut the fuselage as you have already cut the resin parts because of warpage. Just add some copper wires to add detail.

Sorry if I post the photo of my wheelbays during construction. I will delete them upon Your request.

This is what You will have to do if You decide to cut the lower fuselage. Brass struts are glued along the lenght of the wing to straighten them as they are bent OOB.

P1020416_1.jpg

I know you mean.So I gave up cut the lower fuselage.

hi guys:

I completed the cockpit yesterday and took these pics from iphone.

145597735023.jpg

145597771412.jpg

145597735113.jpg

I don't know what the red wire on the RH control panel is and i don't know the function of this device too.Just add the copper wire colored red followed the cockpit pics downloaded from internet. :wacko:

145597858216.jpg

I don't know what the red wire on the RH control panel is and i don't know the function of this device too.Just add the copper wire colored red followed the cockpit pics downloaded from internet. :wacko:/>

145597858216.jpg

The „red device” is the safety Remove Before Flight line which connects all the different safety pins just to make sure that non are left inside before flight. The red handle on the left of the photo is the canopy manual jettison handle which also has a safety pin installed on the ground.

It is good to see that someone is taking the time and patience to add these essential parts to their kit! :thumbsup: This way it is authentic representation of an aircraft on the ground!

One comment, the grip on the throttle is a dark grey colour (in most cases) and not red. Sometimes a red locking device is attached to the sliding part of the throttle to make sure that no one would steal the aircraft. It may sound a bit strange but it is true.

Best regards

Gabor

The „red device” is the safety Remove Before Flight line which connects all the different safety pins just to make sure that non are left inside before flight. The red handle on the left of the photo is the canopy manual jettison handle which also has a safety pin installed on the ground.

It is good to see that someone is taking the time and patience to add these essential parts to their kit! :thumbsup:/>/> This way it is authentic representation of an aircraft on the ground!

One comment, the grip on the throttle is a dark grey colour (in most cases) and not red. Sometimes a red locking device is attached to the sliding part of the throttle to make sure that no one would steal the aircraft. It may sound a bit strange but it is true.

Best regards

Gabor

Thanks,Gabor

thanks for your so professional knowledge.I will change the color of thrust lever at once.

Edited by aircraft

P1020416_1.jpg

I'm afraid you should ues sand paper to lower the height of wheel bay because of you can't put the two fueslage together.

• 2 months later...

hi everyone:

That's my next step.I want to install navigation lights on both side of wing tip and LH vertical stabilizer.Also install taking-off light and taxi light on nose landing gear and anti-collision light on tail cone. It is just a drawing by hand.I hope I can complete it.

146225026506.jpg

Edited by aircraft