IAF early F-15C ESCAPAC info.

Hey everyone.

I would like to make the Tamiya 1/32 F-15C, as IAF F-15C "840" of the Spearhead squadron, during the mid 80s when she was decorated with six kill markings. I was wondering if there is any photo showing the rails of the Escapac bang seat. Aires early 'pit is designed for the ACES seat that,I believe, has a different rail system.

Finally, except the ejection seat and the feathered exhausts are there any other airframe details that should be "backdated", let's say the eight flares/chaffs dispensers?

Any assistance is appreciated, thanks!

Edited by Danaos

Do you have a photograph of an F-15C (by serial number) with an Escapac seat? I know that the very early F-15As the IDF received kept their Escapac seats at least until the first Gulf War, but I've never seen any F-15C (even a later A) with one. I'm pretty sure they didn't even manufacture new seats at that point.

Edited by Jennings

Well, at least "505", sn 83-0054 F-15C, demostrates an Escapac seat on page 90 of Isradecal's F-15 Baz book.I believe that "840", an earlier built F-15C, sn 80-0129, should have the same seat. On page 86 of the same book, pilot Avner Naveh gets out of the cockpit of 840, then scorring 4 MIGs, "blocking" the seat from the photo lens.

Edited by Danaos

Interesting. I was shocked to see an Escapac seat in a photo of Dick Cheney talking to an F-15 pilot published during the Gulf War. Only when I downloaded a high res version of it did I notice that the writing on the checklist stashed on the glare shield was in Hebrew! I wasn't aware that any but the very earliest F-15A/Bs had the Escapac seat in them. No idea why the IDF would choose that over the ACES II seat. The latter is supposed to be a better system from all I've read about them.

Interesting. I was shocked to see an Escapac seat in a photo of Dick Cheney talking to an F-15 pilot published during the Gulf War. Only when I downloaded a high res version of it did I notice that the writing on the checklist stashed on the glare shield was in Hebrew! I wasn't aware that any but the very earliest F-15A/Bs had the Escapac seat in them. No idea why the IDF would choose that over the ACES II seat. The latter is supposed to be a better system from all I've read about them.

If I remember well Israel choose the Escapac for economical reason,as the Baz acquisition was one of the most high for the IDF/AF,but after a fatal incident resulted from a failed ejection,the Israeli top brass initiated a retrofit of the Baz fleet with the more modern Aces.

Gianni

Jennings and Kurnass thank you for your answers, so I believe that I am safe with the Escapac, but was the rail system the same, at least at width? Also should I have to cover the 8 countermeasures dispencers?

TIA for any help!

Interesting. I was shocked to see an Escapac seat in a photo of Dick Cheney talking to an F-15 pilot published during the Gulf War. Only when I downloaded a high res version of it did I notice that the writing on the checklist stashed on the glare shield was in Hebrew! I wasn't aware that any but the very earliest F-15A/Bs had the Escapac seat in them.

Actually most F-15A/B originally had Escapac seats. Only two or three last production blocks left factory with ACES II seats in 1977. But USAF quickly replaced all Esapacs with ACES in early 1980s.

Edited by Vodnik