Hei gents!

During one of the lats posts in the F-100D thread,I decided that my next one build will be a MiG.

I opted for a Fresco;I'm 100% sure to be unable to complete this one in time for the GB end,but the GB for me are the occasion to start new models,and for this in particular,to jump on the other side of the conflict...

Ok and noe the mandatory pics starting with the kit box.

VOxLSO.jpg[/url][/img]

The ref books.

AHnYNF.jpg[/url][/img]

An AM global view...

A6stJY.jpg[/url][/img]

...close up.

iRz0Wh.jpg[/url][/img]

And finally the decals from Print Scale.

qbBfe8.jpg[/url][/img]

That's all for now,thanks!

Gianni

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

the build proced very slowly,even for my standard,as I want resolve two problem of this kit ,the pit and the lack of the air duct on the nose.

The cockpit:in order to obtain a passable pit,I've modified the console of the kit and added some details.

H0ndRF.jpg[/url][/img]

To add extra details,I added the PE parts,repainting the grey areas to match the one used for the bathroom and replace some detail to add volume.

FGvaFK.jpg[/url][/img]

With the IP and extra levers on the throttle console.

eYGBpa.jpg[/url][/img]

And a quick dry fit with the fuselage.

JkQQmS.jpg[/url][/img]

I'm relatively happy with the pit,but now I've started think a way to realize the air trunk;between the various ideas,one that will have some potential is replace the pit with the Eduard one for his MiG-15bis,that have also the air duct as sidewalls like the real one.

If the fit with the fuselage and the air intake mouth will be ok,I'll add the necessary change to the pit.

So,the arrive of the Eduard cockpit and a new Pavla seat (mine is damaged) for sure slow down the build even more...

That's all for now,I hope to add some positive update ASAP!

Thanks all,

Gianni

Ok guys,

I've received all the ordered stuff,and the Brassin MiG-15 pit fit really nice and the detail are amazing. And now I've a complete air intake.

I'm pretty excited,somepics soon to show the dry-fit.

Gianni

Hi guys a quick update about the Brassin pit fit.

The pit fit quiet nice,especially if you think that isdesigned for the Eduard MiG-15.

Unfortunately,the pics aren't enough clear,partly because the shape of the sidewalls.

V9e2YV.jpg[/url][/img]

The air trunk

v9ccz8.jpg[/url][/img]

Look at the details!

Xz5uQP.jpg[/url][/img]

With the frontal part fitted

R0XEWh.jpg[/url][/img]

Finally,with the new ( correct ) Pavla seat:note that the seat is in a more elevated position 'cause I need to grind a small detail of the bathroom floor.

R2Bi6V.jpg[/url][/img]

So,now I need to made some adjustament,see you soon!

HOLMES,thanks for your kindness,I hope to made a dcent job...the MiG-17 is another example of an historycally important plane that lack of a good kit in 1/72...

Gianni

Thanks mate for your words and the advice. I remember very well your models ( especially the Arab one ) and your comments about the fit.

I made small progress and even take the pics so I'll post surely an update this week-end,stay tuned.

Again many thanks for your support my friend,much appreciated! :thumbsup:

Gianni

Hi guys,

some update.

First I will show you as my idea for the air duct wiil be.A dry fit with the Brassin set.

oHGoZL.jpg[/url][/img]

Reassured that the set integration can work,I painted the pit.If you compare the IP with the previous one you can see many shortcomings,but this is the best I can do with brush and some scavenged decals.

N2nyl0.jpg[/url][/img]

The Pavla set.I cutted the seat Brassin rails to the seat accordingly to ref pics.

MHjNa5.jpg[/url][/img]

The dry fit revealed the need of spacers to match the kit duct' splitter width,here the whole assembled with CA glue and talc powder to add strenght.

rMFCfR.jpg[/url][/img]

The splitter/duct join created a small step,buth nothing of impossible.

uNrHPF.jpg[/url][/img]

At the same time I opened the cannon shells ejectors and added 0,13 mm plastic to create the other air duct sides.

TaoNfS.jpg[/url][/img]

And the fuselage glued!

BHxPOs.jpg[/url][/img]

The air duct;I rescribed some panel lines.

hWpEQG.jpg[/url][/img]

The Brassin cockpit is more narrow of the kit opening so I added some plastic strip,but evidentely I need to add some more;and I still glue the PE canopy sill details so I'm not too worried.

jAXChw.jpg[/url][/img]

Start work the wings;I don't understand 'cause the two half aren't separated along the panel lines...

chZNrW.jpg[/url][/img]

And that's all;evidentely I'm completely unable to finish the build for the GB finish line,but I don't want force the steps to respect the GB end.

Thanks all for watching and feel free to comment.

Gianni

Thanks dragan,but this kit is a pig!

I dicovered a seam on the belly that don't want vanish,so actually I've start the fix.I drilled holes along all the half-fuselages join,inserted with CA glue 0,50 mm plastirod and sanded smooth.Altough invasive,this tecnique add great strenght to the build,I've used it to fix the same problem on the dorsal spines of my recent F-100 and in the F-105 and even in the current Apache,you can see how work in the helo section on my topic.

I'm a bit frustrated as I don't mind why don't exist a good inijected MiG-17 in 1/72,producer like Zvezda ( I've a pair of -21 and are really good),Airfix or Eduard ( both made a good-15),or Chinese producer like HB ( a very nice-15 UTI and a 1/48 MiG-17 availables) don't considered this bird...

Thanks for the support my friend,

Gianni

+1 on the MiG-17's Gianni. Could use a nice model of it. Those MiG-17 look really nice on the sprues. Everytime I see one I almost regret selling mine. I do hope Eduard will come out with one in the near future... And a MiG-19 :)

Still, You're doing great work, and I hope to see Your model completed soon :)