Trumpeter new 2016 catalog

Trumpeter posted their 2016 catalog on their FB page.

Can't remember seeing the announcement for these MiG-29 kits in 1/32 before (Page 10)?

I have their M kit in stash and it looks pretty good so I hope these will be nicely done as well.

Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing the MiG-31 kits in 1/72 before, neither (Page 20).

Though, I probably just forgot about it, in which case please just ignore it :)

Edited by ijozic
Info from early December 2015, when the Trumpeter 2016-2017 catalogue was first unveiled.

Thanks, thought as much, but couldn't find any MiG-29 1/32 threads.

The mention of the "New Surprise from Trumpeter Model in 2016" on the FB page in combination with my ailing memory resulted in this superfluous thread, sorry for that..

• 8 months later...

I did get the Trumpeter MiG-29SMT.  It is a very nice kit but they only included one Kh-31P missile.  Also, while the new sprue tree has the correct cockpit tub, Trumpeter wants you to use their tub (also included) from the 9-12 kit.  Other than that, it is a fine build so far.

LOL, I wanted to try this drag images function (not that I was going to post photos of the sprue trees - lesson learned there) but found myself limited to 102.4kb (not much at all!).

Regards,

TrumpeterMiG29SMT001.jpg

Edited by sharkmouth
2 minutes ago, mingwin said:

You are doing "sharkmouthLess" subjects now?

Building it for my son... was thinking Indian MiG-29UPG but it would be a lot of work and I think Trumpeter is planning it as a future release.

Regards,

8 hours ago, mingwin said:

i hope that you'll share some pics when you'll have finished it...

Well, the kit wasn't designed to have gear up... it is fighting me (but it does build as intended very nicely regarding fit).   Yes, I am keeping all the items not used for my Italeri kit such as the cockpit tub, the extra K-36DM seat included, instrument panels, and (thanks to this kit being wheels up) landing gear bays, struts, and wheels.

You know you're not the only one who chops and kit bashes older kits to make them better!  This is in reference to your ICM spitfires.  ;) 

Regards,