Italeri News 2016

I haven't seen the new release yet in person, but someone who has, mentioned a few new parts. You can spot the GPS dome on this sprue, just below the speedbrake parts on the left, and what looks like that antenna on the spine, too. Those parts weren't there on the original kit. Cockpit is still the same plastic, but you get different decals for the A and C cockpits. So it's more or less updated, but don't expect a fully up to date kit with all the latest bits, bobs, and things that go boom. For the two 2012 A-10's in the kit, it looks like they got rid of the Pave Penny pod by then, but still had the pylon installed. The profiles still show the pod there.

Thanks for the info, Pete. I couldn't tell if the updated antennas and external bits were on the sprues. Some scratchbuilding and aftermarket should bring the rest of the kit up to date.

Thanks for the info, Pete. I couldn't tell if the updated antennas and external bits were on the sprues. Some scratchbuilding and aftermarket should bring the rest of the kit up to date.

For a better looking A-10C update, I would recommend the following set from Modern Hobbies. It would be good for the two ANG planes in the kit.

The F7F has always intrigued me, I may give that a try....depending on reviews...yup another hummin Grumman, Those guys know how to make good planes (in the Iron works days especially).

I would assume it's a re-pop of the 90s-vintage AMT kit. There are lots of reviews on the interwebs. Hopefully they did away with AMT's infamous corrosive rubber tires.

SN

Nice model release list as per usual from Italeri.

Its also interesting to not the smart phone app that allows you to scan a product and get some additional "content"... videos and such about the models should you wish to.

A good example of a model company keeping in step with modern times. (another example is the deal they did with Wargaming for World Of Tanks) I think they will be with us for many years to come.