Very nice, good job! Indonesian aircrafts are seldom to see as a model. I thought that camo scheme just consists of 2 colors like the F-16 but I see 3 colors there!? Is it special for the F-5E?

can you tell us to which squadron it belonged and where it was stationed?

Very nice, good job! Indonesian aircrafts are seldom to see as a model. I thought that camo scheme just consists of 2 colors like the F-16 but I see 3 colors there!? Is it special for the F-5E?

Definitely a 3 tone camoflage on the jets in service.

IdAF F-5E

Cheers,

John

Thanks !.

It is painted in wraparound 3 colors, similar to USAF "New Blue" Aggressor Tigers. Our F-16 was also painted in similar camouflage from 1990 - 1996, but now in grey-green camouflage started in 2000. F-5E/F is served in 14th Squadron, Iswahjudi AFB.

Yessir, excellent work on this F-5E. The airbrushing is second to none. What jumped out at me is the weathering. It is very subtle, which makes the model. Again, excellent job. Keep up the great work.

Oh, I see, Iswahjudi is not so far from Surakarta, Jawa timur.

I remember, when I was in Bandung last year and we had prewedding fotoshooting. We went out of Bandung to Lembang, "Lembah Bougenvile Resort" that belongs to a former TNI-AU pilot and you could see pictures from him near T-38 (training in USA) and TNI-AU F-5. But don't ask me about his name...

The scheme you talk about must be the "blue spot scheme", having the same colors, right, like USAF "new blue".

Are the F-5 fleet still in service?

Oh, I see, Iswahjudi is not so far from Surakarta, Jawa timur.

I remember, when I was in Bandung last year and we had prewedding fotoshooting. We went out of Bandung to Lembang, "Lembah Bougenvile Resort" that belongs to a former TNI-AU pilot and you could see pictures from him near T-38 (training in USA) and TNI-AU F-5. But don't ask me about his name...

The scheme you talk about must be the "blue spot scheme", having the same colors, right, like USAF "new blue".

Are the F-5 fleet still in service?

You are right, it's about 1,5 hours drive from Surakarta. The color is very similar to USAF "New Blue", but after repainted the colors are a little bit "paler" than the original. And yes, our F-5 fleet is still very much in service.

Lovely work friend

Is those decals still able to be purchased .and any advise on how to go about getting a set would be great....would love to add an TNI-AU Tiger to my current collection of global tigers.....😀

Rgds

Lovely work friend

Is those decals still able to be purchased .and any advise on how to go about getting a set would be great....would love to add an TNI-AU Tiger to my current collection of global tigers.....

Rgds

Thank you Brian.

You can try to contact the decal publisher "CJM" on Facebook. Perhaps he still has it....

Edited by Alex Sidharta