AMK MiG-31B/BS 1/48 February 2016

According to a post at Hyperscale, the center section of the canopy is glass, so it doesn't yellow or craze. So you may have to use a mix and match of the tinted and I untinted clear parts, or tint portions of the one piece canopy based on pictures/age of the airframe you are depicting.

That thread doesn't define what the center section is though.

the center section of the windshield, not of the whole canopy. (part J10 of the kit)

you can clearly see it on the photo of the boxtop of the kit.

Edited by mingwin

Yeah kind of I seem to remember you were trying to get all the wholesalers to list it as the same price as the BM kit. If I'm wrong please accept my apologies..

Considering the extras included in this kit, that were not in the earlier kit, $3 seems eminently reasonable to me. That having been said, I don't understand why manufacturers just can't give away the kit for free and just charge a "license fee" to those who actually build the kits? Seems "fair" to me!

:wacko:

Edited by madmanrick

The manufacture didn't raise the price the distributor did. It is not a big deal but I remember Martin saying he wanted all the distributors to have the same price, so we as consumers would be able to get the same price where ever we shopped. If I'm wrong I apologize.

The manufacture didn't raise the price the distributor did. It is not a big deal but I remember Martin saying he wanted all the distributors to have the same price, so we as consumers would be able to get the same price where ever we shopped. If I'm wrong I apologize.

Wasn't Martin talking about the same product which was at the the MiG-31BM/BSM ? Here it's another boxing with added goodies.

We haven’t applied any increase in prices to anyone between the two kits. If someone wants to add a small % to their retail market price then that’s a matter for them.

We allow our customers to have certain amount of flexibility of course. How much? I can’t discuss here. This allows free reign to a point but keeps everyone competitive with each other. Its postage, packing and service that will make the difference.