CD48111 - FB-111A

Well, I had planned on selling my quarter scale FB-111 but now that all changes with the pending release of this decal sheet. Really pumped about the early SAC camo birds. You continue to blow me away with all your great decal releases Kursad. :worship:/>

Well, I had planned on selling my quarter scale FB-111 but now that all changes with the pending release of this decal sheet. Really pumped about the early SAC camo birds. You continue to blow me away with all your great decal releases Kursad. :worship:/>/>

agree 100%

• 3 weeks later...

This one aircraft that I've always had trouble keeping straight. What's the difference between a "FB" vark and these:

scan0096.jpg

I always thought that this one was just a F-111 and this:

scan0099.jpg

was a prototype. Is there any real differences beside the paint job and the "A" is carrying two E.C.M. pods and will carry conventional loads?

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I get so many e-mails about this sheet, including a few angry ones.  It is still in the works, with a few research gaps that need to be filled. Keep in mind that this is a subject from the dark ages before digital photography, back when the ancestors of today's Millennials had to use "film" and mix caustic chemicals in darkened rooms to print primitive photographic images . It takes a while to get everything just right. I hope to finish the design soon, but do not have an ETA for you just yet.

Edited by KursadA

Strangely enough, I started wrestling (again) with the intakes on my FB just the other day. The more I fool around with the Academy kit, the more details I find are just-so-slightly-off, and the more I enjoy obsessing/working on it. Take your time on getting the sheet right, I still won't be finished by the time you're  done! 

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

I am out of 1/48 FB-111As, but still have a 1/72 waiting for 509th BW(M), Pease AFB SAC SIOP markings.  Grew up `ten miles from the north end of the runway. So Kursad, how about a 1/72 sheet too?  R/ Dutch

Yes! Me too...509th/393rd BS. I lived in Boston as a kid, but we'd trek north for vacation (and Pease AFB airshows!) and I'd see those guys hauling through the hills way up in Maine every once in a while, or coming across I95...it's what I most looked forward to when summer vacations came around.

Its amazing how many people have affection for the FB. Whitey, Dutch, I also grew up in the area, about 20 miles north in Rochester. Every time we heard jets overhead my brother and I would run outside to see if it was a pair of FB's or a KC -135A.

And those airshows,,,,,,, nothing will ever beat cold war era SAC airshows!