CD48111 - FB-111A

21 minutes ago, IAGeezer said:

Shoot, I'm hoping for an entire EF sheet someday!  Specifically, 66-0050 Mistress of Deception, hint, hint....

Definitely doing an EF-111A sheet later in the year - let me do the two FB-111A sheets and the F-111A sheet as promised, and I will announce a product number.

I do not yet have a solution to the need for extra FB-111/F-111 stencil sheets yet: the RAM panel sheet must remain a single-color sheet for cost purposes. But I will work on a stencil sheet that will work for multiple subtypes.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:19 PM, KursadA said:

Definitely doing an EF-111A sheet later in the year - let me do the two FB-111A sheets and the F-111A sheet as promised, and I will announce a product number.

I do not yet have a solution to the need for extra FB-111/F-111 stencil sheets yet: the RAM panel sheet must remain a single-color sheet for cost purposes. But I will work on a stencil sheet that will work for multiple subtypes.

Oorah!  Then I will wait for the EF-111A sheet!  I would like to see a Mountain Home bird from the 390th ECS, 366 TFW/FW, perhaps even the CO's bird: 66-0014 "Spirit of Idaho."  Any bird will do, though.  Thanks Kursad!  Oh, and gray stencils and walkway lines for the EF version.

On 4/9/2018 at 10:19 PM, KursadA said:

Email sent with regard to EF-111s

The RAM panel sheet will be an optional add-on to the FB-111 sheet and should improve the look of those intakes greatly - the actual color will be a deep brown. I designed these for the Academy kit and prototyped them using actual kit parts until I got them right.

cd48111rm.jpg

16 minutes ago, Falconxlvi said:

Will these be available to order at the same time the FB-111 sheet is released then?

Of course - they are being printed, and will be available at the same time. 

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my vote for the upcoming 1/48 EF-111A sheet: 390th ECS, 366 TFW @ Mountain Home AFB circa late 80's / early 90's.

Preferably 66-0014 "Spirit of Idaho" Wing Commander's bird or 67-0039 Squadron Commander's bird:

Edited by Dutch
  • 1 month later...

I sold close to 40 during the few hours since I enabled the preorder button,  which is a good indication that this sheet will do well.

Just a reminder that an FB-111A stencilling + RAM intake markings sheet will be available in the new Basics line next month. I don't want you to buy multiple sheets only because each comes with one set of stencils - I want you to buy multiple sheets because it is a well-designed, accurate one with many previously unavailable marking options!

Looks good Kursad!  Congratulations on bringing this set to market.  I bought 2 last night, and am looking forward to the RAM intake decals later . . Need a few more sets of those!!

To my knowledge, the only other time DarkVarks were represented in decals were many years ago by Microscale in 1/72, and in the original Hasegawa FB-111A kit, which had a DarkVark option.  Thank you for filling this gap!  I personally think the DarkVark looks rather sinister and lethal, although I am biased, living in NH and often saw them flying in and out of Pease.

Rod

On 6/14/2018 at 6:23 AM, Rod D said:

Looks good Kursad!  Congratulations on bringing this set to market.  I bought 2 last night, and am looking forward to the RAM intake decals later . . Need a few more sets of those!!

To my knowledge, the only other time DarkVarks were represented in decals were many years ago by Microscale in 1/72, and in the original Hasegawa FB-111A kit, which had a DarkVark option.  Thank you for filling this gap!  I personally think the DarkVark looks rather sinister and lethal, although I am biased, living in NH and often saw them flying in and out of Pease.

Rod

Super Scale did a sheet with 2 380th birds, Silver Lady and Liberty Belle, 48- 395. It's a bit old now, and I've been too skeered to use them.... Kursad's sheet looks to have much sharper images and printing, so I'm Very happy this sheet has been released. Think I'll go check the mail....

Hi!  I'm in possession of 24 side art close-up photos from the 380th BW dark varks.   I actually gave the original slides to my former 380 FMS Commander (he was a former FB-111A Nav and one of the best officers I knew) many years ago, but I was wise enough to have glassy photos made to preserve the FB-111A history.  I was stationed at P-Burg to the end and witnessed both the 380th's FB and KC-135 fly their last sortie.   Even had to throw the padlock on the building I work out of on the flight line - sad day.  (Sorry for the rambling)   For those old enough, digital cameras didn't exist back then, so it was slides or glossy photos at the photomat kiosk.   One of the photos (Missouri Miss) was posted years ago  on the web and has been making the rounds.   I'm a little hesitant to post them all to the web until the photo copyright process is complete and I finish reaching out to some of the museums and FB-111 reunion groups for interest in donating and preservation, however;  I wouldn't object to sharing them with a decal maker such as KursdaA before then, provided the original photos are not posted on the web  (I plan on doing that myself).   I believe some of the photos of the side art may be the only ones in existence such as 68-0243 Net Results which crashed back in February 1989.   I'm posting this as an introduction before reaching out  directly to KursdaA  and to gauge your interest in him making additional decals of the FB-111A side art.  Funny thing is,  I gave up modeling years ago, but still respect those who still have the passion for it.   Nothing like working on the real thing though:)   If a teaser photo is needed, let me know.  The close-up photos of the original side art on the dark vark paint scheme are:

67-0161   Liquidator

67-0162   Nocturnal Mission

67-0163   Moonlight Maid

68-0239   Rough Night!

68-0240   Battle Weary

68-0243   Net Results

68-0244   Lucky Strike (Nav Side) and The Fly Circus 380th Bombardment Group Association (Pilot Side)

68-0245   Ready Teddy

68-0246   Royal Flush

68-0247   Missouri Miss

68-0248   Free For All

68-0250   Silver Lady

68-0251   Shy-Chi Baby

68-0252   Six Bitts

68-0257   Maid in the USA

68-0260   SNAFU   (my personal favorite...~)

68-0262    Lady Luck

68-0624   Jezebelle  (many sources state the nickname as Jesebelle with an "s", but the photo proves otherwise)

69-0269   Sad Sack

69-0277    Double Trouble

68-0278    A Wingn' 10 Prayers

68-0289   Queen Hi

68-0292   Liberty Belle

69-6507   Madame Queen

8 hours ago, Cipher_ said:

Hi!  I'm in possession of 24 side art close-up photos from the 380th BW dark varks.   I actually gave the original slides to my former 380 FMS Commander (he was a former FB-111A Nav and one of the best officers I knew) many years ago, but I was wise enough to have glassy photos made to preserve the FB-111A history.  I was stationed at P-Burg to the end and witnessed both the 380th's FB and KC-135 fly their last sortie.   Even had to throw the padlock on the building I work out of on the flight line - sad day.  (Sorry for the rambling)   For those old enough, digital cameras didn't exist back then, so it was slides or glossy photos at the photomat kiosk.   One of the photos (Missouri Miss) was posted years ago  on the web and has been making the rounds.   I'm a little hesitant to post them all to the web until the photo copyright process is complete and I finish reaching out to some of the museums and FB-111 reunion groups for interest in donating and preservation, however;  I wouldn't object to sharing them with a decal maker such as KursdaA before then, provided the original photos are not posted on the web  (I plan on doing that myself).   I believe some of the photos of the side art may be the only ones in existence such as 68-0243 Net Results which crashed back in February 1989.   I'm posting this as an introduction before reaching out  directly to KursdaA  and to gauge your interest in him making additional decals of the FB-111A side art.  Funny thing is,  I gave up modeling years ago, but still respect those who still have the passion for it.   Nothing like working on the real thing though:)   If a teaser photo is needed, let me know.  The close-up photos of the original side art on the dark vark paint scheme are:

67-0161   Liquidator

67-0162   Nocturnal Mission

67-0163   Moonlight Maid

68-0239   Rough Night!

68-0240   Battle Weary

68-0243   Net Results

68-0244   Lucky Strike (Nav Side) and The Fly Circus 380th Bombardment Group Association (Pilot Side)

68-0245   Ready Teddy

68-0246   Royal Flush

68-0247   Missouri Miss

68-0248   Free For All

68-0250   Silver Lady

68-0251   Shy-Chi Baby

68-0252   Six Bitts

68-0257   Maid in the USA

68-0260   SNAFU   (my personal favorite...~)

68-0262    Lady Luck

68-0624   Jezebelle  (many sources state the nickname as Jesebelle with an "s", but the photo proves otherwise)

69-0269   Sad Sack

69-0277    Double Trouble

68-0278    A Wingn' 10 Prayers

68-0289   Queen Hi

68-0292   Liberty Belle

69-6507   Madame Queen

Welcome to the ARC!!

While not intending to speak for Kursad, I will say he is the most open and approachable decal manufacturer currently in existence, IMO, and is always open to new ideas and research material for future projects.

During the production phase of the Dark Vark sheet, I was able to aquire 64 close-up images of different 380 BW and 509 BW nose art from a researcher in Canada (maybe you know him) with the caveat that they not be posted online. I have all of which you listed and two you didn’t, ‘Undecided’ and ‘Little Joe’. I don't have ‘Battle  Weary’ so maybe we can work a deal😉

Private message inbound!

Mike

Edited by Hooker169
Can’t spell

Thanks for letting me know - I wish you had discovered the project during the preparation stage, though. It is too late for the 1/48 sheet, but I would definitely be interested in adding a few new options to the upcoming 1/72 sheet. And who knows, there may be another sheet with new options in a couple of years or so, when CD48111 is sold out. Can you please send me an e-mail at "info@caracalmodels.com" when you have a chance? Thanks.

On 6/22/2018 at 8:42 PM, Cipher_ said:

I'm posting this as an introduction before reaching out  directly to KursdaA  and to gauge your interest in him making additional decals of the FB-111A side art.  Funny thing is,  I gave up modeling years ago, but still respect those who still have the passion for it.   Nothing like working on the real thing though:)   If a teaser photo is needed, let me know.  The close-up photos of the original side art on the dark vark paint scheme are:

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got my FB-111 decals and they are thoroughly fantastic!  Thanks again for producing these Kursad.   I am in the midst of a move so I’m not sure I will get to my FB-111 build until next year, but I can hardly wait!

So I was gathering my F-111 kits and opened an F-111E kit a friend had given me and inside were 2 AGM-69 SRAMs inside...SCORE!!! So to go along with the awesome sheet Kursad just came out with, I have my combat load too!