Nuremberg Toy Fair

Did I see that right? A 1/48 Spitfire from Revell with only 30-some-odd parts???

I'm assuming it's a re-pop of the venerable 1970s-vintage tooling. I'm curious as to why they'd bother with a new-tool 1/72 early Spit. I would have thought Airfix had pretty much cornered that market.

SN

I was expecting the Hasegawa booth to show off, or at least mention, their new large-scale Zero and Honda N360 for release this March. However, the lists and photos around the internet are currently incomplete, no Aoshima or Belkits even if we know they're present.

The new ZM 1/32 Phantom has been in the 3D-printed prototype stage for a long time already. :unsure:/>

Edited by kaz

Why do we call Nürnberg "Nuremberg" anyway? I think the Germans know how to spell their own city. They don't call it "Nef Yerk" do they? :)

Edited by Jennings

Why do we call Nürnberg "Nuremberg" anyway? I think the Germans know how to spell their own city. They don't call it "Nef Yerk" do they? :)/>/>/>

Because it's the standard Anglicized form of Nürnberg, I doubt Austrians should force English speakers to call their capital "Wien" instead of "Vienna". :P/>

It's always seemed weird to me to change place names when spoken in another language. I can say "Par-ee" as easily as I can say "Par-iss", "Veen" as easily as "Vienna", and "Nurn-berg" as easily (easier, actually, it's less syllables) as I can say "Nur-em-berg".

Is "Anchorage" said differently in Swahili or Urdu than in English? I don't think so!

Edited by Jennings

I just call them "THEM FOREIGNERS". Works well enough!

...unless they're from Eastern Europe. :P/>/>

I, too, was hoping to see more from Trumpeter. Looks more like a review of releases from last year to me, but then again I'm mostly paying attention to post-Soviet aircraft. :X

Still, that large-scale F-35 looks awfully tempting!

I, too, was hoping to see more from Trumpeter. Looks more like a review of releases from last year to me, but then again I'm mostly paying attention to post-Soviet aircraft. :X

Still, that large-scale F-35 looks awfully tempting!

Indeed, I'm no large-scale builder but the F-35 is a fine announcement, it should've had more decal options than RAAF and USAF however.

To be frank, there aren't too many surprises in the show for me, much of the products the manufacturers show off were releases from last year and this January or already well-known announcements if they're future releases. For fans of Dragon or MENG, they didn't even attend. Things could've been better for model kits but AFAIK it's the only major exhibit in Europe where kit company reps can interact with potential investors and customers from a wider spectrum.

That should be their best kit ever!

Since they see so many of those, with all the crap China ships to us and the world. :whistle:/>

They still would get the shape of the nose wrong.😁

So there wasn't ant news about the Xutong Yak-28? Seems like this vanished which bums me out.

Mike

They still would get the shape of the nose wrong.😁

So there wasn't ant news about the Xutong Yak-28? Seems like this vanished which bums me out.

Mike

Xuntong waasn't around in Nuremberg, or were they? Smaller companies like Xuntong are normally slower in releasing new products, so we only need some patience even when it appears to take forever.