1/48 Hobby Boss SU-33 New kit..

I give today a Kinetic/Aviation Art Sea Flanker and this is a typical Trumpy/Hobby Boss "trolling".

Kinetic looks gorgeous.... And is too sad a their original producer dying after this was model delivered to market.

HobbyBoss/Trumpeter make many bad kits...In last time parody to MiG-23BN... I don´t like this company :/

I am definitely looking for a J-15 release from Trumpeter. Especially, if they do upgrade their molding tech so can provide single piece Chinese missiles.

There is a small and inexpensive conversion set to get the J-15 using the Kinetic kit. Also, Caracal Models has a J-15 decal coming.

I have no interest in the Hobby Boss kit with the Kinetic kit out. Knowing the history of that kit certainly helps.

When Hobby Boss decides to up their game and get serious about the accuracy of their kits then I may pay attention to their releases. Well at least for the aircraft anyway.

With the AA/Kinetic kit out - why bother with Trump kit at all?

Don't forget that not everyone is a model nerd and accesses forums such as these to compare notes on which kit is accurate/good etc..

What if my mom decided to buy me an Su-33 kit and at the store she chose the Trump/HB one because it was cheaper/better art/suggested by the salesperson? Ya never know!

And look at the Hasegawa Tomcat... people said it's the best one around, and now the AMK one will probably knock it off it's perch :)

There are a bunch of factors why companies pump stuff out... (PS I'm not a Trumpy/HB fan, never bought one of their kits and I don't plan to ever)

There are a bunch of factors why companies pump stuff out... (PS I'm not a Trumpy/HB fan, never bought one of their kits and I don't plan to ever)

We have guys locally that consult for Dragon Models. In fact the box top artist lives in my city. One time I asked him how come these companies keep releasing a model of the same subject (Dragon and Trumpeter armour subjects). He had the best answer. I will use the Hobby Boss example (substitute Dragon for Hobby Boss)

"The Kinetic Su-33 makes no money for Hobby Boss"

So bottom line, some of the market is better than none of the market. Plus sales vary around the world depending on distributors etc. My thought of course.

Don't forget that not everyone is a model nerd and accesses forums such as these to compare notes on which kit is accurate/good etc..

What if my mom decided to buy me an Su-33 kit and at the store she chose the Trump/HB one because it was cheaper/better art/suggested by the salesperson? Ya never know!

And look at the Hasegawa Tomcat... people said it's the best one around, and now the AMK one will probably knock it off it's perch :)/>

Yet, it so happens i was talking directly to the OP, not a random non-nerd and yet alone someone who as you said your self - doesnt read the forums and hence would never read my post anyway.

Chances are your mom and OP are not the same persons...

The more I look at the Kinetic kit the better it gets.

Actually favor it over the AMK Mig-31 now except for it not coming with a full load of weapons only a half load.

Better cockpit particularly the consoles etc with respect to 3 D detail which AMK seem to have lost on the cockpit consoles.

I have a lot of Trumpetboss kits but the Su will not be one of them as the Kinetic Flanker is simply awesome.

Huh ? Hasegawa kit is designed in Cold War, or beyond Desert Storm (1991). After 25-30 years is time for complet new tool Tomcat in state art technology... HB isn´t goood (when i hear).... But in this case with Sea Flanker is sure"trolling" from HB/Trumpeter... In Czech we have a proverb: "Coming with little cross after funeral". (On catholic funeral in Czech is carried a little cross in front of funeral proccesion.) And Trumpy/HB can more bucks.... But i must say - the boxart is niiice - in need it as wallpaper :) So, who have an AA/Kinetic Sea Flanker probably don´t buy HB/Trumpy... but Trumpy is often only Chinese company who is all big model-shops. AMK or Kinetic you must order on the net via e-shop... (In Czech). When any can buy Su-33 quick this is chance for HB. (I naturally don´t buy HB kit, but maybe is relative intresting any another version...for example - Russian-Chinese-American-Israeli hybrids :D :D :D J-11 atd..)

From nothing a few years ago - there are now almost as many kits of the Su-33 than Sukhoi / KnAAPO actually built.

We have ......

In 1/72 scale

Italeri (not Really!), Hasegawa and Trumpeter - and a promised one from Zvezda

Plus the Trumpeter J-15

In 1/48 scale

Kinetic and Hobby Boss

Ken

PS - OK, so I'm exagerating - but you get my drift...

There is a small and inexpensive conversion set to get the J-15 using the Kinetic kit. Also, Caracal Models has a J-15 decal coming.

I have no interest in the Hobby Boss kit with the Kinetic kit out. Knowing the history of that kit certainly helps.

When Hobby Boss decides to up their game and get serious about the accuracy of their kits then I may pay attention to their releases. Well at least for the aircraft anyway.

I already have it dude ;)

Still, it is missing other pylons and missiles.

As I wrote, I will wait and see, Trumpeter claimed they are going to use "new tech" which I understood as this new molding that let you have sexy single piece parts. Also, unlike some people here I appreciate a lot for what HB/Tumpeter has brought to modelling word. They have contributed significantly to my collection.