Ok....I participated in a poll on the Revell website a few weeks ago. Possibly RoG...can't remember. Of ALL the votes...the one that got the most was for a 1/72nd scale C-17. It wasn't even close. Double & triple the others. I'd post a link but cannot find it right now.

Anybody have thoughts about this? I'd kill and slap my mama for 72nd C-17. (ha..) Their 144th was awesome. Any insider knowledge or thoughts here??

Paul

It would be roughly:

29" long

28" wingspan

A very large model by any measure. but not too much bigger than the a400M which they did do in 1/72

I would get one, but I know I am among the Lunatic fringe. It is my favorite airshow attraction, seeing the quick landing and short take off demonstration made me a fan of the C-17.

I'm all for one, and would like to see a C-141 (and what the hell, a plastic C-5) as well.

LOL....I'm with ya for sure! In fact..I'm on board with all of ya'll. It would seem logical to me that there would be a huge market for the plane model. I mean...it's practically in every movie you see these days. Seems to me that all Revell would have to do is to scale up their 144th. I'd be one happy camper fer sure! Already have 3 72nd A400M's. Great model! but a 72nd C-17 would bring me goosebumps. And yes...I have plenty of room in my house. I'd make room!!

Paul

Well as a matter of fact it was my suggestion on the Revell Ideas website for the 1/72 C-17. Looks like the site is down 'for re-organisation'

Since I have been doing battle with the Anigrand kit for 9 years on and off I thought it would be nice to have an injected kit.

There is a statement on the Ideas site (or was) that they wold check the feasibility of all suggestions. I know that some of the Ideas have actually turned into kits (well re-issues at least) but just because there were heaps of votes did not mean it would happen.

I know that the votes could be rigged as it happened with a Turkish Attack Helo that had thousands of votes almost overnight.

Edited by Trojan Thunder

Gents,

I was talking to the rep from Kinetic at the Nats in Columbus last year and he mentioned that their marketing analysis was that they should do a 1/72 C-17. Does anyone know what became of that?

Mark

Wolfpak Decals

Gents,

I was talking to the rep from Kinetic at the Nats in Columbus last year and he mentioned that their marketing analysis was that they should do a 1/72 C-17. Does anyone know what became of that?

Mark

Wolfpak Decals

Now DATS what I'm talkin about! I don't know a thing....wish I did. Yeah..the 144th C-5M works too. Remember a long time ago when Panda Models advertised a 72nd C-17 on their website? Never happened. But if it would've, I would have bought 3 of them immediately. Full retail if necessary!

Ya know...all these Transports are LONG overdue!

Paul

I would definitely grab one most likely two!!

We have other large injected birds - B-52 span 31" & leng 26.5" // B-70 span 17.5" & leng 31.5" // Boeing 707 span 24" & leng 25.5" // A400 span 23" & leng 24.5"

So where's our C-17kit???? :bandhead2:

How much would it cost?

Depends how much detail the producer would put into it. The Revell A400 was released at the the $80-90 mark about 5 years ago (there is one on the LHS shelves at the moment for $130), so I think you would be looking at around $150-175 mark these days.

It would also depend on who releases it. I would prefer Revell as they seem to sell their bigger kit at more reasonable prices.