Any good, trusty, russian on-line hobby stores?

i've ordered a few time from armory in the past, and, as mentionned, it has happened, some time, that i receive an email afterward, telling me that an ordered item won't be avalaible (OOP) anymore...

that being said, i've also used many time their free shipping policy without a fuss... even when "cancelled items" makes the order goes under the 100usd marks...

it was sometime ago, though. but as shipping charge is still the same after a few years..., i guess their policy should be the same also!

Edited by mingwin

Armory is also a physical shop, I have always had great communication with them for whatever problem (I bought several times from them as they were my primary resource for Russian items) also had friends from UA coming in Italy collecting my order from shop. Great service!

Received my Ia-Modelist order. I didn't do goods value vs shipment cost optimization so shipment was pretty expensive: 2603 rubles of goods (2 x Zvezda MiG-29 + 2 x Akan sets) + 1040 rubles of registered shipment (978.40 rubles went to Potchka Rossii). Received in less than 10 days. I'll probably order from them again in the future.

Edited by Laurent

I'm eager to hear your thoughts both on the kit and on the accuracy of the paints. smile.gif

One set of paint is for the Greek Aegean Ghost camo scheme and I'm not sure the second is applicable on the MiG-29. I ordered what was in stock as I was eager to receive the MiG-29s.

The best model shop in Moscow was Club-TM at the Olympic Stadium.

I did a guide to Moscow Models shops - although it may need updating a bit - I haven't been since 2013....

Ken

Looks like Lococlub aka Parovoz(steam locomotive) is closed. Google shows grocery store at it's former place as of June 2015. Website is also down.

Detski Mir underwent total de reconstruction and now hosts the same Club-TM as in the Olimpic Stadium.

Looks like Lococlub aka Parovoz(steam locomotive) is closed. Google shows grocery store at it's former place as of June 2015. Website is also down.

Detski Mir underwent total de reconstruction and now hosts the same Club-TM as in the Olimpic Stadium.

Thanks for the update Helmsman.

Re Club-TM - do you mean that there is a branch of Club-TM in Detski Mir (ie, two shops) - or have Club-TM moved from the Olympic Stadium lock-stock-and-barrel into Detski Mir (so its now only one shop)?

Cheers

Ken

Thank you Berkut and all of you guys. I really want to get some Mig-29s (9-13) from Zvezda!!

Received my Ia-Modelist order. I didn't do goods value vs shipment cost optimization so shipment was pretty expensive: 2603 rubles of goods (2 x Zvezda MiG-29 + 2 x Akan sets) + 1040 rubles of registered shipment. Received in less than 10 days. I'll probably order from them again in the future.

Laurent, have you been able to made all the shopping process in english with your order in i-modelist ?

Regards

Laurent, have you been able to made all the shopping process in english with your order in i-modelist ?

Automated process and shipment tracking is in Russian so you need to translate. Shipment cost confirmation with Natalia done by mail is in English though.

Thanks for the update Helmsman.

Re Club-TM - do you mean that there is a branch of Club-TM in Detski Mir (ie, two shops) - or have Club-TM moved from the Olympic Stadium lock-stock-and-barrel into Detski Mir (so its now only one shop)?

Cheers

Ken

It is a branch as far as I know.

There is also Zvezda company store on Milashenkova street 22, close (~25-30 minutes walk) to the Timiryazevskaya grey line station. They seem to have a web store which is available on the Zezda's Russian website but it doesn't look like they would ship overseas.

Edited by Helmsman

I´m waiting for my package to be shipped from Armory. I added another order to get over the magic 100$-limit (so shipping will be free) and also had to wait about a week until one of the items that was originally listed as "in stock" was available. So far I´m good with that, considering the "exotic-ness" of the models, the overall price and their good communications I´m quite pleased.

If they process the shipping the same way I´d be a very happy camper!

HAJO

• 2 weeks later...

Got my package from Armory today!

At first I thought they missed to send me the whole order, since this was all I got when I unwrapped the parcel:

IMG_5955_zpskbxivvxi.jpg

Oh no, I thought. They just sent me one out of 5 kits! And how do I explain to the german custom that I already paid the fee for the whole order, but only got one fifth of it...

Well, then I took a look into the NC/AC-123K-box...:

Ah!! An unkrainian modell-kit matroschka! :)

IMG_5956_zpsparyiu60.jpg

All items were good, so I´m a happy camper now!

HAJO

Ah!! An unkrainian modell-kit matroschka! smile.gif

Very common with Ukrainian or Russian online shops to leave the boxes unfolded and unstapled. Bags tend to be a lot smaller than the boxes also. I tend to leave the kits this way for storage... and I've lost count of how many Amodel, Modelsvit or ART Model kits I actually have smile.gif

Edited by Laurent

Very common with Ukrainian or Russian online shops to leave the boxes unfolded and unstapled. Bags tend to be a lot smaller than the boxes also. I tend to leave the kits this way for storage... and I've lost count of how many Amodel, Modelsvit or ART Model kits I actually have smile.gif

As Laurent says, boxed are left flat and kit bags are all in the bigger box of whatever you have ordered.