Taking off the L plates

Hi All,

I present to you my first completed model since taking up the hobby 3 or 4 months ago.

It is a 1/48 Hasegawa A-4E Skyhawk. Mr hobby paints were used as well as some ammo and mig weather products. I stole a pilot from a phantom kit and used the eduard seat belts to strap him in. I set him up so he is giving a wave. Annoyingly a piece of clear sprue fell over during the painting process and was lost forever as well as a nice yellow decal with the name of the pilot on it!

Apart from that I am pretty happy with it. All comments good and bad are welcome.

a41_zpskdcxvtty.jpg

a414_zpsbnls2wsx.jpg

a42_zpsq8orcl0g.jpg

a43_zpsikonmpqq.jpg

a44_zps459oa41h.jpg

a47_zpsy5fnigmm.jpg

a48_zpsmcsnof5q.jpg

a49_zpsa7lfcgsu.jpg

a410_zpsxrxofszc.jpg

a413_zpsxrnhga5t.jpg

Yessir, Great job! Did you use the kit decals? I know that those are the markings that come with that come with that kit, but the white part on the stars and bars looks very white. Hasegawa's decals usually seem to have somewhat of an off white. I really like your weathering. Again,the only reason that I was asking about the decals was that the white is so, well, white. They look really white compared to normal Hasegawa decals. Great job, sir.

Thank you for your kind words people :D I do think my iphone camera has smoothed out the paint job, small hairs and bits bit of dirt have been caught in the paint. That is something I need to work on, should I wash or sand the model in between coats?

Yessir, Great job! Did you use the kit decals? I know that those are the markings that come with that come with that kit, but the white part on the stars and bars looks very white. Hasegawa's decals usually seem to have somewhat of an off white. I really like your weathering. Again,the only reason that I was asking about the decals was that the white is so, well, white. They look really white compared to normal Hasegawa decals. Great job, sir.

Thanks! Yep they are the kit decals, didn't want to go and potentially ruin some nice aftermarket decals on my first attempt. I thought that as well about the white. The decals are quite thick and required a lot of help to settle down :fight:

You just started into the hobby? :jaw-dropping::jaw-dropping::jaw-dropping: Man, that's some expert-level painting/weathering. What gray is that -- it's beautiful!

Thank you! I just went with the instructions. It was mr hobby paints and i think it was H315

Edited by lordstripe