Brand New 1/48 F-16D Conversion

Anyone know when the non HUD repeater version will be released for Block 25/30/32 airframes?

Good question, I've got one in my shopping cart right now - trying to decide if I get one now and modify the rear or just wait and see if they release the 25/30.

I've already been waiting this long for Tamiya to release a D.

Edited by longmc

I bough one.

The rear cockpit is totally wrong. It is the copy+mogified front plastic part. So, the rear wall is wrong.

I might try to use the Aires pit instead.

ZcqUla.JPG

ETU27B.JPG

No cockpit/canopy rubber seal details.

UlOcgc.JPG

vR3ORd.JPG

It is the easiest way to make two seater viper with Tamiya standard. Besides, the canopy fits well.

BTW, I never giveing up praying for Tamiya two seater viper.

Regards,

Nat

Edited by polar bear

If it's really modified Kinetic parts, then the rear pit parts for the Wolfpack F-16I cockpit should fit.

Even if not, it wouldn't be too much work to fix the rear pit. Easier than trying to cram an Aires pit in there I would think.

Like my friend Gregg, I'm from Missouri...ya gotta show me, before I'll shell out any moolah only to find I gotta buy something else to be able get what I thought I'd already paid for, but I'll reserve judgement until I've seen it used in a finished build, and get the total break down.

I just recieved my set, and I actually like how it looks so far. The resin reminds me of the light gray resin Wolfpack uses. The panel lines are just as good as the kits. The rear cockpit is kind of lacking though, but overall I am happy with it. The surface feels a touch pebbly, but I'm not sure once it's painted it will show.

Is this a viable option when you can buy a Kinetic B/D kit for less than the cost of this conversion?

Not to mention all the spare parts you'd have left over from the Kinetic donor kit....

Is this a viable option when you can buy a Kinetic B/D kit for less than the cost of this conversion?

Not to mention all the spare parts you'd have left over from the Kinetic donor kit....

Yes, because I don't want to buy a Kinetic F-16B/D to use as a donor kit. Nor do I want or need a bunch of left over parts that I'll never use.