Airfix 72-scale Swedish Sea Knight

I'm gunna start this as I have acquired a slightly-started kit (the inside is painted interior green). It'll be done OOB(ish) in the Swedish 4-colour splinter camouflage pattern (it looks similar to a Viggen) with the kit decals.

But while perusing the instructions, I couldn't help but notice that the instructions are suspiciously uninformative on the colours of A) the interior of the fuselage (there's precious little provided in the kit anyway) and B) the top & under-surfaces of the rotor blades.

Can the Brains Trust here assist me?

I've seen a photo of a model of this type of chopper, with 4-colour splinter cam applied to the tops of the rotor blades. I dunno if this is correct.

Many thanks (in advance).

George 'The Loggie' out..................

Certainly you are right chk out pic below........

u/s could be black. There is another pic on there with black u/s to the rotors.

Good luck w/the masking, hope it turns out well.

Link

------------------

Edited by barkin mad

Try to get in contact with the Swedish SIG. I think they had a newsletter and the HKP4 features in one issue, probably from the 1990's or so. I have an article in the old World Helicopter SIG newsletter and it states the underside of the main rotor blades are black with the top camouflaged. The underside of the fuselage looks to be painted dark green.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xap1/t51.2885-15/e15/10723752_468029750043095_60904708_n.jpg

LD.