ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
HomeBe

1:48 - Sukhoi Su-34 "Fullback" by Kitty Hawk - in 2018

From a Russian source, Kitty Hawk is reported working on a new tool 1/48th Sukhoi Su-34 "Fullback" kit!

Release expected in March 2016?

Source: http://www.greenmats.club/topic/1412-kitty-hawk-148-су-34-март-2016/

56af5e3793cac_KittyHawkSu-341-48render1.jpg.b8867f29efe727a94b170080654d65ad.jpg

For the record: HobbyBoss (NOT Trumpeter!) is also to release a 1/48th Sukhoi Su-34 "Fullback" kit in 2016-2017 - ref.81756

Source:

12243071_537476479744283_1070825043589996004_n1_zpsshpfvarn.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by HomeBe

Considering its recent combat debut and popularity, it seems race to Fullback kit is on!

:woot.gif:

Wow interesting news. Was there not someone else doing an Su-34? Hobbyboss? With all these new Russian releases it sure is getting hard to keep track. Not that I am complaining as the subjects have been on my wanted list for eons.

Yeah that's a very good news, there's no doubt the KH's kit should be much detailing than the Trumpeter's.

It is good, better two, than noone.

BTW as i'm did half of job for Zvedza Su-34 model - definatly i'm need finish 1/72 and rescale to 1\48 our own decal.

It is good, better two, than noone.

BTW as i'm did half of job for Zvedza Su-34 model - definatly i'm need finish 1/72 and rescale to 1\48 our own decal.

It is Fullback frenzy!! :thumbsup:

Russian now don't know NATO codenames of airctafts, so Su-34 have own nicknames - Ugly Duck (for terrible at design look dark grey painting), Duck-bill (duck nose of aircraft), Hellduck (lethal to enemies).

Edited by kotey

I know everyone is excited for this, but I hate to say it the Su-34 is UGLY!!! They took one of the most graceful looking jet fighters (Su-27) and made look like a oversize duck!

Stone me to death, but...

<heresy>

I'd rather prefer a quarterscale Su-35S than some hellish poultry...

</heresy>

Life-of-Brian-stone-him_zps9c9wqkci.jpg

I know everyone is excited for this, but I hate to say it the Su-34 is UGLY!!! They took one of the most graceful looking jet fighters (Su-27) and made look like a oversize duck!

I think that is a big part of the charm of this bird. Much like the A-10, it is a beautiful disaster. So ugly that it is cool. What makes this different from the A-10, though, is that it is indeed derived from a graceful, beautiful aircraft. The Fullback is the Mr. Hyde to the Flanker's Dr Jekyll.

I think that is a big part of the charm of this bird. Much like the A-10, it is a beautiful disaster. So ugly that it is cool. What makes this different from the A-10, though, is that it is indeed derived from a graceful, beautiful aircraft. The Fullback is the Mr. Hyde to the Flanker's Dr Jekyll.

Purposeful bad-assery. :thumbsup:

These things I know:

1: The Trumpeter one will be totally inaccurate!

2: The Kitty Hawk one will be totally un-buildable!

3: Devout prayer and fasting will deliver us a perfect 1/48 kit from Tamiya! (Or not.)

There, my trusty crystal ball has saved us all some valuable time...

One thing I THINK I know: should have passed on that 'bargain' 1/72 Italeri item with a shedload o' resin. Bottoms! :boohoo:

*Edit*: Is it me, or do the zorsts in that render look like vectored thrust jobbies? :blink:

Edited by ChippyWho

*Edit*: Is it me, or do the zorsts in that render look like vectored thrust jobbies?

That's what I was thinking........ and the Su-34 doesn't have TVC nozzles.

Ken

please for the love of all that is holy, leave out the engines and separate access panels. make the kit buildable , the correct shape, and give us a full compliment of weapons. I will buy 2

How can such a awesome jet be given so nasty painjobs? Is there any scheme for it where either my eyes wont puke or my brain wont spontaneously hemorrhage?