Hello everybody!!

This is my first W.I.P. post in ARC.

My current Build is an F-8 Crusader.

The kit is for an F-8J but i haven't decide yet if i converted in an F-8E.

But let's get it started!!

1)I decided to improve the inlet from spare box i borrowed the Fan of a72scale F-18 and actually made the first stage of the engine.

[DSC00129.jpgDSC00127.jpg

2)Secondary from plastic cards and rods i made a few developments in the main wheel well.

DSC00140.jpgDSC00143.jpgDSC00147.jpgDSC00148.jpg

3)I also did the trick about the canopy, as you mau Know Hasegawa's mistake is that the canopy couldn't be set in open possition so I trimed a bit the fuselage

DSC00134_2.jpgDSC00133.jpgDSC00134.jpgDSC00136.jpg

Thank you!!!

That's for now, Any help is welcome

Thank you guys!!

Hope to make something good here.

I have make an effort to represent the mechanism under the canopy frame.

DSC00002.jpgDSC00004.jpg

First of all i drilled the back of the Fuselage,in both halves.

DSC00152.jpgDSC00149.jpgDSC00150.jpg

Then with plastic cards i tried also to thin them as possible to look more realistic,and not to be troubled later.

The whole thing should be like that i Hope!

DSC00153.jpgDSC00157.jpgDSC00159.jpgDSC00158.jpgDSC00165.jpg

Any help or advice will be welcomed!!

Thank you!!!

• 4 weeks later...

A bit more of progress in the F-8

I finished the cockpit with the last addition the Rails of te Ejection seat.

DSC00167.jpgDSC00166.jpg

Lets go to the painting procedure

I used H317 FS36231 But with drops of white for the scale effect.

And flat Black for the side consoles and the Intrument panel.

The result quite well i Think.....

DSC00171.jpgDSC00169.jpgDSC00172.jpgDSC00176.jpg

And the tube fitted in the Fuselage.

DSC00182.jpgDSC00181.jpgDSC00183.jpgDSC00184.jpg

Edited by George_Gian
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Watching this one with much interest, my favorite plane of all time and I'm about to start on one in 1/48 scale myself. My dad was a p/c on one in the late 1960s, so I'm going to build his plane for him.

I also love this aircraft one of the true Last Legends!!!

Your Dad was one Lucky man And as he knows better...

When your out of F-8's you're out of Fighters!!

Hope to go on soon cause a 'cat' has taken my Hands!! :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Good morning again!!

After finishing the 'Cat' here comes the Crusader again,

Startind upside down with the FS17875 (H316) and then the FS16440 (H315) Typical NAVY scheme.

Painted free hand and with no major problem with the white colour (i always hate This stuff)

Here comes some pics of it.

DSC00014.jpgDSC00015.jpgDSC00001.jpgDSC00002.jpg

After the Basics i decided to paint also the Antislip surfaces

DSC00023.jpgDSC00029.jpg

Used TAMIYA black and Gunze Tyre Black H77 to have the scale effect but i think i made them..quite Black :whistle:/>/>

And the last one was the Exhaust section....

Used Alclad Laquer Stainless steel, Airframe Aluminium and pale exhaust .

But need a bit more of burnt metal effects.

DSC00012.jpgDSC00013.jpgDSC00004.jpgDSC00005.jpg

Thank you for watching and any notes will be Usefull!!!!

Cheers,

George.

That looks pretty nice George. I am guessing it is 1/72nd since you never said but it looks like that size from your hand in the picture. Also, is this the Academy kit?

Thanks for posting your progress and looking forward to the final scheme.

By the way, is there any way you can attach the pictures in the thread instead of having to click on each one to make it bigger? Maybe it is something with you photo hosting location?

That looks pretty nice George. I am guessing it is 1/72nd since you never said but it looks like that size from your hand in the picture. Also, is this the Academy kit?

Thanks for posting your progress and looking forward to the final scheme.

By the way, is there any way you can attach the pictures in the thread instead of having to click on each one to make it bigger? Maybe it is something with you photo hosting location?

OHH my mistake!!! :bandhead2: :bandhead2:

It's the Hase kit 1/48 scale!!

I'll try to look about the pics I'm not so used to Postimage,but i'll try it!

Thank you Chris~!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi every one!

Going on with the Crusader but with many troubles! due to my mistakes!!!!

First of all i cracked one of the Insignia on the right Half of the Fuselage and that cost me repaint half of it.

But the major problem was this one....

DSC00049.jpgDSC00050.jpg

The right wing cracked....yeap..it cracked!!!!

The kit was just that little from a Fly (Bye!!!) but i managed to brace my self.

And fixing the problem wasn't that much pain.

Filled the gap with Squadron putty and also glued with Gunze thin Cement,Primed again and ...DSC00051.jpgDSC00053.jpgDSC00054.jpg

And just a little to go...

Thank you for your patient!

George.

(P.s. I haven;t find a way to attach the photos directly here.... :crying2:

Very nice weathering! That oops doesnt look like it will be too bad of a fix. Hey, for future reference, on the flaps at the trailing edge of the wing, the small inboard section is just right. The larger outer sections actually drop further than that little inboard section does. The reason why they split that into two sections was because if it were just one piece, they could not lower the flaps as far as they would have wanted without the flap hitting the fuselage. I have not had much time to even look at my kit lately. I removed everything relating to the cockpit from the fuselage halves because of the aftermarket cockpit I'm putting in there. I'm considering opening up the gun bay on one side, might not do that in the interest of time and might just save it for the next one.

If I can ever get away from working so much, I plan to take on the Trumpeter 1/32 F-8E and go nuts. I want to open the afterburner blow-in cooling doors, do everything that I can think of, on that one. But this one is a bit more reserved, just trying to get a finished model out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice weathering! That oops doesnt look like it will be too bad of a fix. Hey, for future reference, on the flaps at the trailing edge of the wing, the small inboard section is just right. The larger outer sections actually drop further than that little inboard section does. The reason why they split that into two sections was because if it were just one piece, they could not lower the flaps as far as they would have wanted without the flap hitting the fuselage. I have not had much time to even look at my kit lately. I removed everything relating to the cockpit from the fuselage halves because of the aftermarket cockpit I'm putting in there. I'm considering opening up the gun bay on one side, might not do that in the interest of time and might just save it for the next one.

If I can ever get away from working so much, I plan to take on the Trumpeter 1/32 F-8E and go nuts. I want to open the afterburner blow-in cooling doors, do everything that I can think of, on that one. But this one is a bit more reserved, just trying to get a finished model out of it.

OHHH that is why mine also hit the Fuselage section!!!!

Thank you very much about the info!! And i managed to fix it a bit!

About the cracked wing i Repaired it but it is a bit visible from above.... I can't do anything more cause i'm Afraid that i'll do more damage than good!!!

I wanted to buy the 32scale but needs a lot of Goods and also the Zacto intake which can;t be found anywhere!!!!!!

Trump kit is typical Trump....Good one but needs a lot!!!!