F-15SG in 1/48 - I want one

So after seeing the 1/72nd F-15SG today on the front page I really would like to do that in 1/48th. I had heard that Wolfpack was working on an update set but that was a few years ago. From what I can see, it looks pretty straight forward with some ECM shapes beneath the cockpit on both sides and some changes to the rear end. Not sure about the top.

Maybe I can take Hasegawa's kit and scale up the bumps? Hmmm that would mean me buying the kit and I have no interest in doing that. I see Academy has the F-15K in 1/48 but that makes sense since it is the Korean version.

Oh well, it is not as if I have nothing else to build. I should go lie down and then that need will pass, I hope :)

I too, am looking forward to building an F-15SG in 48th scale. I recently posted on the Wolfpack Facebook page and Gustav thought it was a good idea. So, here's hoping that the wait is not long!

I recently posted on the Wolfpack Facebook page and Gustav thought it was a good idea.

Just like he thought it was a good idea four years ago ;-) I hope he gets around to finally doing it, but I expect GWH to release an F-15K/SG soon after they do the F-15I.

Edited by KursadA

Just like he thought it was a good idea four years ago ;-) I hope he gets around to finally doing it, but I expect GWH to release an F-15K/SG soon after they do the F-15I.

Yeah I remember you working on that but this was before GWH. Still would not be a bad release for Wolfpack since the Revell kit is a much cheaper option.

With the GWH F-15I just being released it would seem that there is a much great chance of the Singapore bird coming to see the light of day. The K is easy I think. Also, I believe the Saudi's also have the E version or is it just two seaters?

Also, I believe the Saudi's also have the E version or is it just two seaters?

Saudis have the F-15S, but now, they are buying new F-15SAs (same standard as the SG). Also read that some of the F-15S models will be upgraded to SA standard.

Saudis have the F-15S, but now, they are buying new F-15SAs (same standard as the SG). Also read that some of the F-15S models will be upgraded to SA standard.

The SA also reintroduces the outer wing stations ...

-Gregg

Miliverse does decals for that Mountain Home jet.

http://www.miliverse.com/products.html

They only have the 72nd scale sheet listed, but I had heard that a 48th scale sheet was also being done.

Yeah I had heard that too several years ago. If they ever release it, I guess one could build the F-15SG and not care too much about the mods. Me, not so much. Maybe we can start bugging Wolfpack to continue working on the update or simply wait for GWH to release their version.

Edited by skyhawk174

Hi Guys,

this is mk from miliverse. Your calls have been heard.

This 1/48 F-15SG decal can be done and released in 2-3 months.

Like to have your opinions on the vertical tail art sizing:

1) any kit brand for the tail art to be sized on?

-Hasegawa

-Revell

-GWH

or

2) a generic oversized tail art so the modeller can trim

the art themselves to fit the particular kit they are using.

This decal will be after the next sheet MV-48002-1 (Singapore Tigersharks-

for FMK 1/48 F-20s) is released in a month or so.

BR

mk

Hi Guys,

-Hasegawa

-Revell

-GWH

or

BR

mk

Hi Mark,

Glad to here from you. I wish to use your decal with upcoming GWH F-15I.

Regards,

Nat

Hi Guys,

-Hasegawa

-Revell

-GWH

or

BR

mk

Wow this is great news. Thanks so much MK :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As we are not sure if GWH will release a Singapore version (but most likely) I think your idea of making it just a bit oversize is the way to go. At the moment, the Revell F-15E is better than the Hasegawa kit. However, I only have the original release of the Hasegawa kit and not sure if anything was done with subsequent releases.

Now I wonder how I will go about making the lumps and bumps for the F-15SG version. Speaking of which does anyone know what are the changes to get to the Singapore SG?

Also, I like your idea on the F-20 markings. I have the AFV Club kit of the F-5E with Singapore markings and the F-20 kit will look great as a comparison.

Dear flanker27, skyhawk174, polar bear,

much thks for the quick feedback.

Yes I would safely assume there are tail size differences between the different brands. Forgotten to add Academy for that matter.

Note it is a bit tricky as there is also a height aspect apart from the chord so there are 2 considerations here.

If GWH is the majority's wish then I will size according to that brand and see

what I can mitigate to fit the other brands as 2nd choices. An oversized tailart is not ruled out as of now.

I will wait for a 1 week more to get more feedback from more modellers.

cheers

mk

Hi Skyhawk174,

without veering off-topic, the MV-48002-1 (Singapore Tigersharks-

for FMK 1/48 F-20s) decal will have more details forthcoming for those

who are interested.

If there is a new thread in this forum for this, then perhaps I can post some info

as and when it is available.

cheers

mk

Edited by m-verse

Hi Skyhawk174,

without veering off-topic, the MV-48002-1 (Singapore Tigersharks-

for FMK 1/48 F-20s) decal will have more details forthcoming for those

who are interested.

If there is a new thread in this forum for this, then perhaps I can post some info

as and when it is available.

cheers

mk

Well that is an easy fix, I will start one :)

Hi skyhawk174,

Oops...i meant the new thread was supposed to be for MV-48002-1 Singapore Tigersharks ... beacause it not supposed to be here....☺

Possible to remedy?

Mk

Done. I just started new thread. I tried to delete the original one I started but could not find out how to do that other than to erase everything.

Hi Guys,

-Hasegawa

-Revell

-GWH

or

BR

mk

Chances are, if people are going to build a Strike Eagle, they will use the Revell kit or the GWH (assuming they do come out with an SG). Would it be possible to have decals sized for both the GWH and the Revell kit, or will that take up too much space?

Also, will you have generic markings for other 428th FS jets?

Chances are, if people are going to build a Strike Eagle, they will use the Revell kit or the GWH (assuming they do come out with an SG). Would it be possible to have decals sized for both the GWH and the Revell kit, or will that take up too much space?

Also, will you have generic markings for other 428th FS jets?

Hi Colin,

point taken.

Yes, if options are provided for both brands, it will be considerable on the decal sheet count and perhaps on the cost.

It could be that the Revell and GWH tails are not too far off in size though, will have to check to ascertain.

Generic markings for 428FS jets are already covered by decal sheet MV-48003 released sometime back :lol:/>

By the way, this upcoming new sheet is generally an upsized version of MV-72003-1, so it will have some new lo-vis 428th FS markings.

Hope that answers.

cheers

mk

Edited by m-verse