Hello all,

I am well on my way through a Trumpeter 1/48 Mig-23 build - particularly the Mig-23-MLD version.

With most things assembled, I have realized the sprue that contains the nose cone - Sprue K (and what I think are chaff / flare dispensers that mount on the top of the fuselage) is not in the kit box. Nor can I find it anywhere around my work table which leads me to think it was never in the box to start with.

I contacted the US distributor for Trumpeter, but because I live in Canada and bought the kit from an online store they say they cannot help me. Contacting said retailer has also not worked out.

So, in a bit of desperation here,

1) does anyone have a Trumpeter Mig-23 nose they don't need (a long shot I know, but....)

or

2) can someone suggest an alternative / aftermarket solution?

Many thanks.

K

Edited by bikerider
  • 4 weeks later...

2) can someone suggest an alternative / aftermarket solution?

Blimey! Hard luck, Kay. Nay aftermarket solution that I could think of (other than try 'n' get the long-outa-production Kazan set, which would be a tad outa the question for just a nose replacement, anyways).

I were ya tho, I'd look for someone who had the Trumpeter kit 'n' agreed to make a resin copy of the nose from "they're" kit instead. ;)