Trumpeter Mig-23 - Nose problems

Hello all,

I posted this originally in the "Spares Box" classified forum but it got limited views so I'll try here in the hope more people see it and can maybe help me.

I am well on my way through a Trumpeter 1/48 Mig-23 build - specifically the Mig-23-MLD "Flogger K" version.

With most things assembled, I have discovered the sprue that contains the nose cone - sprue K - is not in the kit box (The same sprue also has what I think are chaff / flare dispensers that mount on the top of the fuselage). Nor can I find it anywhere around my work table which leads me to think it was never in the box to start with.

I contacted Stevens International, the US distributor for Trumpeter, but because I live in Canada and bought the kit from an online store they say they cannot help me. Contacting said retailer has also not worked out.

So, in a bit of desperation here not wanting to lose all my work so far,

1) does anyone have a Mig-23 nose they don't need (a long shot I know, but....)

or

2) can someone suggest an alternative / aftermarket solution?

Many thanks.

K

Just a little patience and I will release a MiG-23 ML/MLD correct nose set. I just have to finish the MiG-23 BN correct nose and canopy first.

377.gif

Pics about the MiG-23BN correction set please !

Edited by Laurent

Just a little patience and I will release a MiG-23 ML/MLD correct nose set. I just have to finish the MiG-23 BN correct nose and canopy first.

Excellent news!! Will this correction help with the canopy sill as well?

Thank you

Mike

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

I posted this originally in the "Spares Box" classified forum but it got limited views so I'll try here in the hope more people see it and can maybe help me.

I am well on my way through a Trumpeter 1/48 Mig-23 build - specifically the Mig-23-MLD "Flogger K" version.

With most things assembled, I have discovered the sprue that contains the nose cone - sprue K - is not in the kit box (The same sprue also has what I think are chaff / flare dispensers that mount on the top of the fuselage). Nor can I find it anywhere around my work table which leads me to think it was never in the box to start with.

I contacted Stevens International, the US distributor for Trumpeter, but because I live in Canada and bought the kit from an online store they say they cannot help me. Contacting said retailer has also not worked out.

So, in a bit of desperation here not wanting to lose all my work so far,

1) does anyone have a Mig-23 nose they don't need (a long shot I know, but....)

or

2) can someone suggest an alternative / aftermarket solution?

Many thanks.

K

That's the typical reply you get from Stevens International. They need to be put out of business! If I see the Stevens label on the kit, I will not consider buying it!

The ML/MLD nose is almost done. Have to finish scribing some access panels. The nose from Metallic Details is for M/MF Floggers.

I see. They didn't write that. Sorry, didn't mean to steal the focus from your stuff, just saw that the OP is desperate for a nose and remembered I saw something on the ebay.

Edited by ijozic

I just ordered one of these via evilbay. Once it arrives I'll see how it works to finish up my Mig.

I just ordered two of these from the Ukraine. $9 each is a inexpensive fix. I have three of these kits. I will still require one of the ML noses and also the BN versions. If the BN version is the complete nose than it should also fit on the standard MiG-23M/MF kit which is half the price of the BN kit.