ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
bikerider

Trumpeter Mig-23 - Nose problems

Hello all,

I posted this originally in the "Spares Box" classified forum but it got limited views so I'll try here in the hope more people see it and can maybe help me.

I am well on my way through a Trumpeter 1/48 Mig-23 build - specifically the Mig-23-MLD "Flogger K" version.

With most things assembled, I have discovered the sprue that contains the nose cone - sprue K - is not in the kit box (The same sprue also has what I think are chaff / flare dispensers that mount on the top of the fuselage). Nor can I find it anywhere around my work table which leads me to think it was never in the box to start with.

I contacted Stevens International, the US distributor for Trumpeter, but because I live in Canada and bought the kit from an online store they say they cannot help me. Contacting said retailer has also not worked out.

So, in a bit of desperation here not wanting to lose all my work so far,

1) does anyone have a Mig-23 nose they don't need (a long shot I know, but....)

or

2) can someone suggest an alternative / aftermarket solution?

Many thanks.

K

Just a little patience and I will release a MiG-23 ML/MLD correct nose set. I just have to finish the MiG-23 BN correct nose and canopy first.

Just a little patience and I will release a MiG-23 ML/MLD correct nose set. I just have to finish the MiG-23 BN correct nose and canopy first.

377.gif

Pics about the MiG-23BN correction set please !

Edited by Laurent

oooooooo..... that sound good.

I'll keep watching for an announcement.

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

377.gif

Pics about the MiG-23BN correction set please !

Let me first verify the shape once again this weekend and I will show you some pictures along with some other projects going on.

Let me first verify the shape once again this weekend and I will show you some pictures along with some other projects going on.

70.gif

Excellent news!! Will this correction help with the canopy sill as well?

Thank you

Mike

Excellent news!! Will this correction help with the canopy sill as well?

Thank you

Mike

All the corrections will be starting from the air intakes.

:smiley-whacky084:

V.P.

All the corrections will be starting from the air intakes.

Cash waiting sir.

Thanks again!

Yes please!!

Cash waiting sir.

Thanks again!

Picking this correction set will be a nice little seller - please make lots of castings. I will be in for one of each [bN/ML] at the least :)

Good news!

Since Trumpeter only has one MiG-27 variant in their catalog, hopefully Cold War Studio will release other versions.

Regards,

Hello all,

I posted this originally in the "Spares Box" classified forum but it got limited views so I'll try here in the hope more people see it and can maybe help me.

I am well on my way through a Trumpeter 1/48 Mig-23 build - specifically the Mig-23-MLD "Flogger K" version.

With most things assembled, I have discovered the sprue that contains the nose cone - sprue K - is not in the kit box (The same sprue also has what I think are chaff / flare dispensers that mount on the top of the fuselage). Nor can I find it anywhere around my work table which leads me to think it was never in the box to start with.

I contacted Stevens International, the US distributor for Trumpeter, but because I live in Canada and bought the kit from an online store they say they cannot help me. Contacting said retailer has also not worked out.

So, in a bit of desperation here not wanting to lose all my work so far,

1) does anyone have a Mig-23 nose they don't need (a long shot I know, but....)

or

2) can someone suggest an alternative / aftermarket solution?

Many thanks.

K

That's the typical reply you get from Stevens International. They need to be put out of business! If I see the Stevens label on the kit, I will not consider buying it!

The ML/MLD nose is almost done. Have to finish scribing some access panels. The nose from Metallic Details is for M/MF Floggers.

The ML/MLD nose is almost done. Have to finish scribing some access panels. The nose from Metallic Details is for M/MF Floggers.

Great to hear Stenkabg. Looking forward to buying one of these :)