Trumpeter Mig-23 - Nose problems

Ok, I will put mine back in the stash until your nose is released :)/> How about an accurate vertical stab? Oops, so I have the MF kit, so I can't use this nose :(

Brad

Just a little patience and I will release a MiG-23 ML/MLD correct nose set. I just have to finish the MiG-23 BN correct nose and canopy first.

Edited by Brad-M

The ML/MLD nose is almost done. Have to finish scribing some access panels. The nose from Metallic Details is for M/MF Floggers.

The next question is if you're planning a correction to the MiG-27 nose, as I'm sure Trumpeter will hose that one up as well (speculation only--haven't seen it).

The next question is if you're planning a correction to the MiG-27 nose, as I'm sure Trumpeter will hose that one up as well (speculation only--haven't seen it).

Based on the pics I saw the real 27 nose nose is deeper, slightly curved at the top and perhaps longer than the 23BN nose. It looks as if Trumpy's MiG-23BN has a 27 nose.

Based on the pics I saw the real 27 nose nose is deeper, slightly curved at the top and perhaps longer than the 23BN nose. It looks as if Trumpy's MiG-23BN has a 27 nose.

Laurent, you lost me. Trumpeter's MiG-27 nose will be the same as the MiG-23BN nose as they're on the same sprue tree with the fuselage.

TrumpMiG23BNSprueAfront.JPG

Another sprue tree with the MiG-27 non-variable intakes:

TrumpMiG23BNSprueErear.JPG

Regards,

Laurent, you lost me. Trumpeter's MiG-27 nose will be the same as the MiG-23BN nose as they're on the same sprue tree with the fuselage.

Yes and it's more a MiG-27 nose than a MiG-23BN nose. But anyway the most difficult thing to correct is the canopy and windscreen.

Yes and it's more a MiG-27 nose than a MiG-23BN nose.

There were various noses used on the MiG-27 but the initial nose is the same one as the MiG-23BN.

First series MiG-27:

mikoyan-gurevich-mig-27-2.png

MiG-23BN (note that I culled plans from the same Russian source and there are others for the different variants and their noses (such as MiG-27M & MiG-27K)):

mig-23vn-2.png

I respect your eye for differences so please, show us what you see.

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth
I respect your eye for differences so please, show us what you see.

I think that Trumpeter used MiG-27M drawings to design the tooling used in the MiG-23BN. The nose looks long and deep.

65211a9ad97b99d1560eed1ea61eaebe.jpg

Edited by Laurent

Let's first get the BN done. I have to do the two fairings on the side as Trumpeters are'wrong. I have corrected the armor plating and other details and improvements. My boss keeps me really busy last month and I have little time to work on the projects.

I can live with the nose problem (says the guy who has so far bought 1/48 resin noses for Trumpeter's MiG-19, MiG-23M, Su-15TM, Su-24, F-100D, Academy's Mig-29, Eduard's MiG-21bis, Kinetic's S-3E, F-84F and wishes there was a resin correction for Trumpeter's MiG-21F-13) but that damn canopy sill is what kills it for me. I'm hoping someone will come out with a new front fuselage for the MiG-27 at some point.

Jon

... but that damn canopy sill is what kills it for me. I'm hoping someone will come out with a new front fuselage for the MiG-27 at some point.

I understand that Stenka is working on that on the MiG-23BN correction set so if he would do a MiG-27 correction set (or a MiG-27K conversion :woot.gif: ) I guess he would also.

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen the ColdWar Studios update and it looks REALLY good. I am looking forward to it if it is affordable. I don't want to be spending $50 for the kit and another $50 for the upgrade. In that case i will wait for the Zvezda kit.

https://www.facebook.com/ColdWarStudiodetails/?fref=nf

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234973404-148-mig-23bn-flogger-h-by-trumpeter-released-nose-correction-set-by-cold-war-studio/page-5

It looks like you may not have to use a BN for this conversion. You get the whole nose so any MiG-23 from Trump should work. Please correct me if I'm wrong. The other kits can be found for a song. I bought one for $20.For me, it will depend on the price of this conversion, as I mentioned before.If you want to use a BN than $50+$50 =$100. That is a bit too much for something that should cost $39 or so total.

Edited by Otto
It looks like you may not have to use a BN for this conversion. You get the whole nose so any MiG-23 from Trump should work. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Trumpeter's MiG-23BN and MiG-27 have fuselage halves which are different from the fighters to accommodate the rear bomb shackles, under fuselage shackles (MiG-23BN), under intake shackles (MiG-27), different engine exhaust, nose bay doors with bulges, main gear doors with bulges (MiG-27), different instrument panels, and weapons. There is more but, this is what is at the top of my head.

Regards,