1:48 Hasegawa F-14 question...

So I'm putting covers on my Hasegawa Tomcat because it's either going to be down on the hangar deck of a carrier or in a hangar on a land base. That brings me to my question. Do I have to attach the kit intake interior parts (parts B2-B3 and B10-B11)? I could have sworn I read somewhere (I can't remember where, and I can't seem to find it) that you could omit those parts, but looking at the instructions, it looks like the parts that make up the sides of the main gear bays attach to those things.

My next question is regarding the beavertail. If I attach the top and bottom beavertail sections to their respective fuselage halves before putting them together, do I still have to use that flat plate that sits at the back of them (can't remember the part number off the top of my head)?

I don't think you have to mess with the intake parts, but to be safe, I'd go ahead and put them in. The good thing is you don't have worry about them looking good. Just slap them in with some glue and you're good to go. For the beaver tail, if you attach the top and bottom parts to the main fuselage, you shouldn't have to use that flat plate. I didn't use it when I built mine. I thought it gave me some flexibility to get a good fit between all the pieces.

Darren is right about the flat plate, not needed. The intakes. Well you do not actually need ANY of those inner parts. They do not support anything structure wise in the Hasegawa kit.

I have built it a couple times without those parts.