1/35 Trumpeter "Elbrus" Scud Launcher

Hi guys

This is the latest build off my bench - Trumpeter's 35th Scud Launcher. It's not a bad kit to put together. Minimal clean up but it can be fiddly. It's a markedly different kit from the BR-52 that's for sure. Trumpeter have come a long way since then and this proves it (well, in my opinion anyway)

I've done it in an East German scheme simply because it's simple but quite cool and no where near as complex as some of the one's Trumpeter give you as an option

The hydraulic piston at the rear is home made and telescopes quite nicely. Plumbing and hoses are also an addition - although not exactly accurate. Trumpeter neglect to tell you how everything plugs in, so I've WIF'd it a bit there

full WIP if your interested here: http://madhatterscaleworks.blogspot.com.au/2015_11_01_archive.html

IMG_2863_zpsngqllz26.jpg

IMG_2862_zps7cq8qrae.jpg

IMG_2861_zpsialfa7cc.jpg

IMG_2860_zpsafhqms6o.jpg

IMG_2865_zpshhmdngfr.jpg

IMG_2864_zpsdenftxmt.jpg

IMG_2857_zpsxnf2ivjh.jpg

IMG_2856_zpsxhfii75m.jpg

IMG_2858_zpst7rqp6ot.jpg

IMG_2859_zpsnx3adt3t.jpg

IMG_2836_zpszbz0n3dn.jpg

IMG_2854_zpskwknrwkm.jpg

IMG_2821_zpscoailr7p.jpg

Anyways, that's it for now. It was fun to build but I am glad to see it done

I am prepping for my next project - something that will take me a very long time to do and will test any scratch building skills I have. Yep, I'm going to take on Tamiya's 1/350 Enterprise. What I'll do to it isn't new and has been done by countless others before me, but I don't care. I'm still going to do it. I built it once when I was a teenager and I cringe now when I think of how bad a job I did of it.

Anyways, before that, I shall try to finish off the BSG Pegasus and clear that up as it has suffered a bit of neglect. Time for some 'Madhatter Lovin' I think :)/>

Till next time

MH