F-15E Revell 1/48 "OEF" 87-0173

Hello, I'm Vedran and this is my first post on this forum. I'm from Croatia so excuse my english sometimes. So...this is well known Revell model, started in december and this is progress so far. I'm too lazy to write down everything i did so far, so i just posted some pictures which are posted chronologically. I used/will use Quickboost seats, 8X Eduard Brassin GBU-12 and Eduard PE RBF flags. Model will represent plane from Operation Enduring Freedom, from year 2003 which was stationed in Al Udeid, Qatar. It will be No. 87-0173 from Mountain Home AFB. I found pictures of this exact plane on f-15e.info where it carries 8 GBU-12 in one of the configurations.

Update%201%206%20of%2021_zps1glm27yn.jpg

Update%201%2021%20of%2021_zpsw1tzzyhq.jpg

IMG_3942_zpsoux6uean.jpg

IMG_3944_zps3vi4pn89.jpg

20160109-IMG_4100_zpspq1ssket.jpg

20160109-IMG_4117_zpshwhox2gv.jpg

20160109-IMG_4120_zpscblqrkyr.jpg

20160119-IMG_4241_zpsxvjeqq6k.jpg

20160119-IMG_4239_zpswoc0ltcr.jpg

20160119-IMG_4242_zps8olyw3kd.jpg

Wow, that is some very fine work there. I especially like how you finished your canopy. Looks very realistic with the locking hooks.

I am currently building the original release and I think I can use some of your photos as guidance to carry on my build. It has been stalled for a bit now. I used the Black Box cockpit and some Verlinden seats but I think the Quick Boost ones look very nice as indicated in your photos.

Can you tell me how you went about detalling your canopy? Does not look like PE.

Thanks so much for sharing your work.

Wow, that is some very fine work there. I especially like how you finished your canopy. Looks very realistic with the locking hooks.

I am currently building the original release and I think I can use some of your photos as guidance to carry on my build. It has been stalled for a bit now. I used the Black Box cockpit and some Verlinden seats but I think the Quick Boost ones look very nice as indicated in your photos.

Can you tell me how you went about detalling your canopy? Does not look like PE.

Thanks so much for sharing your work.

Thank you, very much.

Canopy is very bad part of this kit, if you want to make it in closed position it's even worse, becouse it doesn't fit well. I haven't used any PE parts on canopy. I aded copper handles, stirene hooks, mirrors in scratchbuild and one wire. Canopy seal is streched white sprue glued on canopy frame. Anyway...everybody can see some other pictures on this link, it's my project on Croatian forum where is more photos.

http://www.maketarstvo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29525

Thank you, very much.

Canopy is very bad part of this kit, if you want to make it in closed position it's even worse, becouse it doesn't fit well. I haven't used any PE parts on canopy. I aded copper handles, stirene hooks, mirrors in scratchbuild and one wire. Canopy seal is streched white sprue glued on canopy frame. Anyway...everybody can see some other pictures on this link, it's my project on Croatian forum where is more photos.

http://www.maketarstvo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29525

Wow, what an outstanding build!!!!!! Don't worry about your english, just post more pictures please!

I just finished upper part of fuselage.

update6-2-2_zpslao2t2df.jpg

update6-3-3_zpsi8wx4ijk.jpg

update6-7-7_zpspwhw2nhc.jpg

update6-6-6_zps06eyytjp.jpg

update6-8-8_zpsv4c67sdm.jpg

update6-5-5_zpsxgjfxxvb.jpg

update6-4-4_zpsgygvmy7g.jpg

I also started with lower part of it, for now I only drilled holes in wheel bays because i didn't liked it completely closed, but it's just a start, there is a much more to do.

update6-1-1_zpswtg6hak3.jpg

update6-9-9_zps1wgfknde.jpg

HUD finished. I used holographic foil from ebay (enter: "nail transfer holographic foil") to achieve that holographic effect on F-15E HUD. F-15E HUD doesn't reflect only green color, it reflects every color from red to green part of specter. My foil also reflects blue and purple although I'm not sure if real one does.

Anyway, foil is transfer type, and I used Alclad Aqua gloss to "glue" it on PET plastic which is base.

To find out which side of foil to glue you have to scratch both sides, side which you can scratch is the side to glue on plastic. Then you apply a little bit of gloss lacquer and press the foil on plastic. After cca 6 hours just peel of foil and hologram stays glued to plastic. In the end you can also apply one protective coat.

fForum%203%20of%205_zpscgeegats.jpg

fForum%202%20of%205_zps8q3dz78w.jpg

fForum%205%20of%205_zps9cxyt4ce.jpg

fForum%204%20of%205_zpskskynpry.jpg

fForum%201%20of%205_zpsqzkl84j8.jpg

And also one GIF:

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/VedranJ/F-15%20E%20Revell%201_48/output_WaP0dh_zpscf3lpcsz.gif

Edited by VedranJ