F-26's flown over DMZ last month?

I don't get a newspaper, but my father sent me mail today saying he'd just read that last month the US flew two F-26's over the Korean DMZ in a show of strength. Kinda blew me away...has this project been mentioned in here??? :o

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread42515/pg1

I don't get a newspaper, but my father sent me mail today saying he'd just read that last month the US flew two F-26's over the Korean DMZ in a show of strength. Kinda blew me away...has this project been mentioned in here??? :o/>

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread42515/pg1

Typo! F-26 Vs F-16.

I know it sounds crazy, and I'm apparently putting myself out on a limb here...but this is from the link I posted above: "The F-26 STALMA (Short Takeoff Advanced Light Multi-role Aircraft) is an advanced, sixth generation multi-role fighter...."

Great, now the F-25 isn't even good enough anymore. I'm not buying that Stavatti is real aircraft manufacturer. Their F-26 page has been around since at least 2004. If we did have F-26s, we wouldn't unveil them like this (not even publicly promoted enough to be news worthy), we could just send those old, worn-out F-22s without worrying about what happens to them. I'm not saying we don't have something out there, maybe a YF-24, but nothing operational enough to be used in a brinkmanship stunt.

f26-i.jpg

Not only are they in US service, but they're also being flown by Japan.

There's *tons* of information about it out there. They even made a bunch of TV shows and movies with them. Just google 'macross'.

Design

The all-metal F26 design consisted of a low-wing layout with a 17-seat pressurized fuselage, a fully retractable gear and two Rolls-Royce Nene RB.41 series I jet engines. With a thrust of 23 kN (5,171 lbf) each, these engines were the most powerful engines available at the time. The aircraft was designed for a flight crew of three people.

The passenger cabin had a single aisle layout, with two seats abreast on the right and a single row on the left. The aft side had a toilet section and two cargo bays. The aircraft was to be flown by two pilots and one radio operator.