Zoukei-mura 1/48 F-4J Phantom II

I did NOT adamantly state anything , merely that which was on the blog..

Then what was said at Telford.

Furthermore, it looks like they are planning, probably if a demand arises, to be able to produce any ..of the other variants should they wish to....

You're merely taking things out of context , just to suit your own opinion, based on  a guess..

I will restate it as a question, then.

What conclusion did you reach about them doing an F-4B or F-4N when they told you that they had "accounted for thin and thick wings, but weren't going to do the camera aircraft"?

The two kits I pre-ordered from VolksUSA, arrived today! Only had time for a quick glance at the plastic, but for the most part it looks great. I did notice what appeared to be light flash around the cockpit openings, I will look closer within the next few days. The packaging was first rate and the Holiday card was a nice touch, also VUSA shipped them really quickly from CA to NY! I will be in for at least one "S" model, maybe 2, we'll have to see.

The latest from the "Old Man Blog:"

Besides all the short-nose types, we are going to make all the long-nose types as well, and they will not be just some off-hand variations, they will be represented in their tiniest details.

I want to make all the F-4 types into SWS kits! We are getting one step closer to that dream.

Pretty unambiguous, I think Z-M will also do a B/N, assuming sales remain brisk, despite earlier indications they may not. 

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_090.html

Edited by madmanrick

My kit just showed up (Sunday delivery?) and it is an absolute masterpiece.  I spent the past 30 minutes reviewing the instruction booklet and parts and I am very impressed with the level of detail and approach they took to several construction steps.  I really hope it goes together as good as it looks.  My only issue is that I may be hard pressed to soldier on with my Hasegawa kit, may have a lot of aftermarket I need to unload in order to purchase another ZM kit.  If they do a B/N, my savings account is going to take a big hit.........

BW

7 hours ago, madmanrick said:

The latest from the "Old Man Blog:"

Besides all the short-nose types, we are going to make all the long-nose types as well, and they will not be just some off-hand variations, they will be represented in their tiniest details.

I want to make all the F-4 types into SWS kits! We are getting one step closer to that dream.

Pretty unambiguous, I think Z-M will also do a B/N, assuming sales remain brisk, despite earlier indications they may not. 

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_090.html

ALL SHORT NOSE TYPES...!!! :-) So eventually also the -B/N! Thats great news. This is a great time for NAVY fans...first Tamiya's Tomcat, now the ZM Phnatom and hopedully soon AMK's F-14D! Also snaches a well priced Kinetic F-18C from E-bay last week...:-) Now is just need to find the time to build them all :-(

cheers

Uwe

26 minutes ago, Stefan buysse said:

Does anyone know what the decals are like? Are there other options than VF-96's "NG100"?

The only option are the decals you mention. However, as mentioned above, Z-M will be releasing alternate decals for an RAF bird. But, don't most of us have tons of Phantom II decals in the stash? I have like 15 different options in the stash myself and that's just USN/USMC, it does NOT include foreign operators, of which I have a few.

17 hours ago, BuNo02100 said:

I spent the past 30 minutes reviewing the instruction booklet and parts and I am very impressed with the level of detail and approach they took to several construction steps.

The instructions are very clear, but I wish ZM would have had a better English proofreader/translator on their talented team!!. 

I also received mine here in Florida last Friday - outstanding kit, and I'm looking forward to the rest of "the series".

Gene K

I'm in a "I wanna F-4D and I want it right now!" situation. By looking at the sprue break down here:

http://www.detailscaleview.com/2016/11/zoukei-mura-148-f-4j-phantom-ii-sws4804-review.html

Does this set the stage for a quick C/D variant? If I remember correctly from this thread, the logical steps were: J (already out) , B/N, S, and then C/D? Is this correct? I'm not familiar with Z/M's production pace, but I suppose it would at least be 2 years before we get a C/D. Any insights from the Phantom experts or those with insider info about Z/M? It's OK to speculate. 

When I spoke to them at Telford last month, the idea was that B/N wasn't an immediate priority.Also, in the " Old Man Blog" #88/9, it stated the order of releases, and B/N wasn't amongst them, although, it wouldn't surprise me if demand was high enough, then it would be a go.... perhaps before  K/M