MiG-21 Bis D HRZ Eduard 1/48

My latest model, finished in November. Eduard weekend edition, with eduard Exterior PE set, kit decals, Mach decals, Croatian decals, Bunny fighter club stencils and with some modifications, conversions in scratch. Wheel chocks and platform/ladder are scratchbuild. Colors mixed from various MM, Revell and Gunze paints.

IMG_3045-2-1_zpsz2bkbjvc.jpg

IMG_3049-6-4_zpsr2hmycpc.jpg

IMG_3051-8-5_zps4xaigbom.jpg

IMG_3066-23-15_zpsterbgqjy.jpg

IMG_3069-26-18_zps5tfvw5oq.jpg

IMG_3073-30-22_zpsv0aajphx.jpg

IMG_3076-33-25_zpsx6qqd5ac.jpg

IMG_3081-38-30_zpsf3d9iceg.jpg

IMG_3082-39-31_zpsbu8hwbce.jpg

IMG_3068-25-17_zpsb3h6cybe.jpg

WOW! That is an amazing build. I have the Trumpeter kit in 1/32 that I plan to do in these same markings. Matching paint is going to be a challenge. Your build is simply stunning and the level of detail is crazy. Very well done sir. :worship:/>

Now that I checked your photos on a bigger screen, I have to tell you I'm even more impressed! Just simply a lovely build!

The weathering really works and I like tiny details on the undersides of the pylons and the incredibly realistic detailing on the exhaust. Do they have some PE parts on them?

So...answers. Muzzle is plastic piece from Eduard kit, painted in steel which is then polished and darkened. Then I put gloss on it and some wash with black acrilic paint.

For pylons I used PE parts from Eduard exterior set, which are washed with black paint after gloss coat.

So, decals, Croatian coat of arms on tail are from Mach decal sheet (which is actualy for much older paint scheme of Croatian MiG). Red and blue lettering stencils are from Bunny fighter club Mig-21 (not for croatian version but visualy almost identical becouse you can't read text on 1/48 stencils). Other markings, numbers, roundels, white stencils are from croatian modeler called "Tole", I don't know if you can find it online, i purchased it on one of the model shows in Croatia.

You can see how they look like on first image on this forum :

http://www.maketarstvo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27604

Spectacular build! That is some of the best paint wear/weathering I have ever seen on a model. Very realistic, in stark contrast to what is usually done. You should give lessons. Thanks for posting this, and anyone who hasn't backtracked to his Photobucket album on this build and looked at it all has missed out on a LOT!

Thanks again for showing us your model.

Cheers,

Tom