Minicraft KC-135E reduced at Hobby Lobby

Great snag but I think the clearance section is relative to individual stores. What may be clearance at my Hobby Lobby won't necessarily be clearanced at yours. Or vice versa. I do wish they were that price at my HL though I don't know if they even have any on the shelves.

I was at the local Hobby Lobby today and picked up the Minicraft 1/144 KC-135E on clearance marked down to $16.18 from $44.99, so if anyone is looking for a KC-135E may want to check Hobby Lobby in the clearance section.

Lucky you as my LHLS had one in clearance but at $26.99. With wonderful Washington State tax it ended up costing just under $30.00 Oh well :doh:

Lucky you as my LHLS had one in clearance but at $26.99. With wonderful Washington State tax it ended up costing just under $30.00 Oh well :doh:/>

Updating as I drove to the farther HL today and they had the kit at a second clearance of $17.81. I bought it, so anyone know if they will accept return of the $26.99 one? :pray:

Updating as I drove to the farther HL today and they had the kit at a second clearance of $17.81. I bought it, so anyone know if they will accept return of the $26.99 one? pray.gif

You can try but my experience is that Clearanced items are usually not return. Maybe they will take it back. You never know unless you give it a try. Of course they will be closed tomorrow.

Okay, now that I opened the less priced one, I took a look at the kit decals. Anyone know of a review, I didn't find one. I'm calling the second option markings BOGUS. I was in the 940th ARW in 2004. They were at Beale AFB, so unless they got the scheme while one was visiting Kansas...

And the fin flash is incorrect anyway. It should have a red background and be located mid-fin. Bummer as I sure would've used them!

That's what that kit *should* cost. What MC asks is ridiculous. The kit is good, but it's not that good.

I'm with Jennings. Went to HL and picked up the kit. Nice little kit. But no cockpit....no interior...sparse detail all over. Well engineered but worth $45.00 full retail!? You've GOT to be kiddin me. I paid 17. Just about right.....

Then the opposite on Amazon. It seems the first batch of the KC-135A kits sold out quickly. Saw one on Amazon for only $135.98, yes that a 1 in there not a typo.

Not now they're not...all three versions can be had for under $40.

http://www.amazon.com/Minicraft-Model-Kits-Boeing-Stratotanker/dp/B00LMIN1L4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1455508700&sr=8-3

Edited by Moose135