Dragon 1/35 AT-ST

Looks like an AT-ST's head got dropped on an AT-DP's legs :lol: ! I know it's just early development shots so things can change, but I hope those legs can be posed in different positions because it looks really funky as is.

The 1/144 ships look promising for doable dioramas.

Edited by Don

I hope the commanders hatch and viewing ports can be positioned open or closed. Another nice feature would be to have the head able to be positioned as the builder likes. And again...those legs...:doh:...

Come on Dragon give us a time frame here for all these new Star Wars kits. Some of us are impatient :D

Bandai has a 1/48 AT-ST that is excellent. There are still rumors of them doing a 1/48 AT-AT but that's been a rumor for a long while now.

The question arose in another thread here regarding Dragon and these large scale Star Wars vehicles and if they will be traditional style model kits, or completely assembled and pre-painted display pieces, or a type where major components are pre-painted but the buyer has to snap them together much like a Hasbro toy (legs snapped to body and head snapped to body type things). I haven't seen any info on which style these Dragon models will fall under yet...anybody else have info?

:cheers:

I'd wager, the reason the legs appear too long is the fact they're fully extended. Some folks in other forums pointed out that Dragon relied on blueprints that represent none of the models used during filming.

Bandai has a 1/48 AT-ST that is excellent. There are still rumors of them doing a 1/48 AT-AT but that's been a rumor for a long while now.

The question arose in another thread here regarding Dragon and these large scale Star Wars vehicles and if they will be traditional style model kits, or completely assembled and pre-painted display pieces, or a type where major components are pre-painted but the buyer has to snap them together much like a Hasbro toy (legs snapped to body and head snapped to body type things). I haven't seen any info on which style these Dragon models will fall under yet...anybody else have info?

:cheers:/>

As for this, Dragon may go the way of their Superhero vignette series with their AT-AT which AFAIK are pre-painted and snap together.

Looks MUCH better standing normally. Honestly why they didn't release a photo of that stance initially is beyond me as that other picture made it look completely botched up in a huge way.

:lol: yeah all the poses but those last two looked fine. Those last two sure were odd looking to say the least.

According to Dragon we should see this AT-ST in the 2nd quarter of this year. We'll see I suppose. Still no word on pricing or the type of model this will be (both will factor into my decision to buy or pass).

They look pretty darn decent all painted up IMHO. Now Dragon...sprue shots (...if any?), cost, type of kit (traditional/pre-finished and assembled/pre-finished and semi-assembled etc), ballpark date within the 2nd quarter...? Details Dragon details :D .

• 2 weeks later...

That TFA Falcon doesn't look quite right. Dish too high, for a start.

Agreed. Granted I have only given it a fairly quick glance but my first impression is that it looks off as a whole.