F-35C... which detail set would be closest - ! or B version?

Happy ALMOST baseball season everyone!

For my bday my awesome spouse got me the KH F-35C USN version! I have already decided I will probably NOT use a current scheme. Just not a huge fan of grey with grey highlights and grey outlines with another touch of 6 shades of grey. I could go into just using current F/A-18 schemes with more colourful tails and lean toward a near future possible paint job, at least, or I could go totally off my rocker and use the fantastic TwoBobs USN Anniversary scheme and make it like the F-18 in the WWII tri-colour "SBD" scheme. As a completely ridiculous fan of the SBD that one really lures me.... I haven't yet held up the decals to any of the parts to compare if it is even workable yet, though.

Retro_Paint_F-18_Three-Tone_2_Centennial_Of_Naval_Aviation.jpg?token=VzGuGgUY7UtI5d2zaleSJvls2AM%3D

BUT the question I have is that Eduard doesn't have a detail set out for the C version and their support told me they don't have a set down the pipe yet (Yes I know that can't really tell me even if so. I was just hoping it was something already announced internally at least for within the next couple months.) but they do have sets for the A (USAF) and the B (USMC) version. IIRC the A version is more like the C version than the B is, owing to the VTOL engine of the B and cockpit arrangement of the B vs C. Is that correct-ish? I do not plan to fold the wings, I know they are significantly larger than either other versions, and I know the C's landing gear is quite different. But I am hoping that if I get the A's detail PE set I will be able to use more of its parts than not.

Advice? Much thanks in advance!

Thank you! They are out of stock right now but I signed up to be notified when they are back! THANKS!!

KASL out of Korea makes a really nice F-35C cockpit set (as well as tail flight controls). I have this set and it is very nicely molded and detailed.

Available in the States here:

http://www.redstarscalemodels.com/product-p/k48059.htm