Fuji T-1B in 1/48?????

So I tried doing a search on the interweb to see if anyone ever did the Fuji T-1 trainer in 1/48 and I can't find anything. Not even a vac kit. I'm surprised none of the Japanese kit manufacturers ever did one in this scale. I know Hasegawa did one in 1/72 but that seems to be it.

I've always wondered this too. When Hasegawa (finally ) made a great Mitsubishi F-1/T-2 in 1/48, I figured it wouldn't be too long before a T-1 came out too. Still waiting. Even the 1/72 one is so old.

Well, the T-1 doesn't exactly inspire the same kind of "build me!" aura as the later jets, even if it is a historically significant aircraft to Japan. I wouldn't say there is absolutely no chance of Hasegawa doing one, but it's obviously low on their to do list.

There have apparently been resin kits by an outfit called "Triangle" and "Racoon Model" in the scale you're looking for but both seem to have been long OOP. Here's proof of the Raccoon kit in the box: $(KGrHqF,!k8E64gLfddNBOuWLuhWgg~~60_1.JP

Well, the T-1 doesn't exactly inspire the same kind of "build me!" aura as the later jets, even if it is a historically significant aircraft to Japan. I wouldn't say there is absolutely no chance of Hasegawa doing one, but it's obviously low on their to do list.

I concur, doesn't have the same attractiveness as a T-4 but there's a good chance we'll see one eventually, Hasegawa recently released the E8N1 float-biplane which was completely unexpected. If I were to bet which company will produce a newer kit in our lifetime, it'll be Platz but in 1/72nd.

I think they took a close look at the F-86 before designing the T-1 so a 1/48 F-86 kit would be an excellent starting point for a conversion me thinks :-)

My thoughts exactly. Why I was wanting to trying to locate plans in 1/48. I have a couple old Monogram F-86's laying around that I'd be willing to chop up. :P/>

My thoughts exactly. Why I was wanting to trying to locate plans in 1/48. I have a couple old Monogram F-86's laying around that I'd be willing to chop up. :P/>/>

Someone tried doing just that with a Hasegawa Sabre and had comprehensive scale plans of the T-1 but apparently he's put the project on hold, no new updates since 2011.

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/henry9285nf/folder/1046084.html?m=lc&p=1

Perhaps you could go up to him and ask or build upon his experience converting a F-86 into a T-1.

That's one of my all time favorite Japanese airplanes. I have been building the Triangle 1/48 kit for a few years now, but I came to a halt

when I got to the canopy. The one the kit provides is of extremely low quality. They do provide a resin plug if you want to make your own though.

There are no decals which sucks because the plane has a lot of details and stencils. The F86 and the T1 have enough differences to make a conversion kit not practical.

Edited by pookie
  • 3 years later...