Here is the ultimate test bird. The Hobby Craft CF-105 Arrow. Plan on using Canuck decals. This model also just happens to be a commission build so I will not be keeping it when its done.

DSC_0758_2.jpg

As everyone knows Hobby Craft is not known for their detail or ease of build. That said, this "newer" release of the Arrow is much improved from the over 20 year old versions of this kit.

The cockpit, is being done stock, which really will not be much of an issue as nothing will be visible on this guy once its buttoned up. The windows on the real thing where very tiny. Of course 6 pennies are added to the nose. Hopefully that will keep it from being a tail sitter. the cockpit decals are not actually too bad.

DSC_0761_3.jpg

And then it dries. Surprise of surprises, the left of the nose does not line up with the right side. Going to need more putty I guess.

DSC_0762_3.jpg

I squeezed the cockpit into the main body it help the glue settle. Seems I am out of the good stuff.

Wow, this sucker sure could use locating pins . Also, not being quite so warped would be nice.

DSC_0763_3.jpg

Not as much putty needed as say the Hobby Craft Canuck, but the gaps are rather thick. Going to need at least a day for this amount of putty to dry.

DSC_0764_4.jpg

Beautifully built Arrow "Phantom". Such a fantastic and graceful looking aircraft from almost any angle. And then...

9278954_orig_zpsoxh8aqye.jpg

Arrow 204 is in the upper right, still relatively intact but not for long. Such a shame that not one Arrow was kept for posterity (except of course the Arrow that got away... :whistle:)

Again, awesome stuff Sir :thumbsup: !

Regards,

Don.

DSC_0762_3.jpg

This is weird looking!! would have been a nice question for a quiz to figure out what's being build here..!

DSC_0771_2.jpg

Very nicely done (wish more people would build these!)!

Would have loved to see some more of the build of this one!

D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's the first one that I have seen built from the latest release. I hope that it was an easier build than the original. I built two of them. As the first one was nearing completion I found that it was highly inaccurate and so built a corrected version. I would not recommend either way!

TwoArrowsrearright_zpsb97a503d.jpg

Pretty much the same build wise as the first release. Cockpit is begging for the over priced resin conversion which I have never used. Seen it, thought about it, never used it.