Got a cool gift from my nephew tonight

Its not much, but I got a Pitot tube from a CH-47D! A few million more parts, I'll have my own Chanook

IMG_20160213_224730684_zpsrvte7dtb.jpg

Maybe you could talk him into mailing you one piece by piece. I once heard of some Corporal at a MASH unit in South Korea mailing an invite jeep home to Iowa that way.

Edited by ajd3530

That's cool! I wonder what's the story behind the part not being installed.

Tim

My nephew works on D models in the Army, he handed it to me and said don't ask,lol But honestly he told me how he got it,but I've already forgot the reason,but in the end, its all legit.

At least you have something not too many other people have.

Right before I got out of the Army, I managed to "procure"(wink, wink) a cyclic grip from a OH-58 Kiowa. I didn't ask, and he didn't tell me. I just handed him $30 and it was mine.

I still have it in the basement packed away!

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench

There was a hobby shop in Westwego,La that a friend of mine owned, He had a F-15 horizontal stabilizer on his back wall of the shop. I asked him where and how he got it and his reply, "I can't talk about it" .

I have collected some airplane parts over the years. I have the spinner from a Cessna 172, a panel off the bottom of a RF-4 and another panel from an unknown plane.

Maybe you could talk him into mailing you one piece by piece. I once heard of some Corporal at a MASH unit in South Korea mailing an invite jeep home to Iowa that way.

I think you're thinking of the TV show "M*A*S*H," where "Radar" O'Reilly mailed a jeep home bit by bit. I believe it popped up in a couple of the "Dear Dad" episodes

I've always liked collecting airplane parts. Of course the wife isn't a fan lol. I've got the national insignia off the tailboom of a P-38, part of a Grumman Hellcat tail, and the insignia from an A-6 Intruder.

I think you're thinking of the TV show "M*A*S*H," where "Radar" O'Reilly mailed a jeep home bit by bit. I believe it popped up in a couple of the "Dear Dad" episodes

yes and then you tell the mail man you delivered a helicopter(or a jeep in Radar's case) to my house!!!!!! :jaw-dropping:

I've always liked collecting airplane parts. Of course the wife isn't a fan lol. I've got the national insignia off the tailboom of a P-38, part of a Grumman Hellcat tail, and the insignia from an A-6 Intruder.

Love to see some pics of this stuff neardling! I too have a few bits and pieces (F-105B spine light cover, B-52 tail gunner non-ejection seat, C-130 tail bumper plate, T-33 ejection seat, etc.) and know exactly what you mean about the wife ;)/>/>/>/> I know where there's a single seat F-101 Voodoo canopy close to me for sale and while it's pretty dang cool, I'm not sure what I would do with it. My "war room" is pretty full and my wife would never allow it anywhere else in the house. Awhile back I had a chance to buy a C-131 cockpit/fuselage and one look from my wife told me I'd be sleeping in there if I even thought about dragging that home :rofl:/>/>/>/>

Very cool collectible Vince.

-Derek

Edited by viking73