Iwata neo gravity feed problem

I recently had to replace the nozzle on my neo. When I went to test it, I discovered that it will not blow air. No air whatsoever.I thought maybe it was the compressor, but it checked out fine. I used another air hose. Same problem. So, I dissambled the airbrush as much as I could and thoroughly cleaned it out. Still can't get any air out of the airbrush. So, I'm thinking it has something to do with the valve assembly. Only thing is, I don't know how to get the assembly apart. Even though I only spent $55 on it, it's a good airbrush and I'd like to try to fix it before I purchase another one. Any ideas? Any feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Firstly...if it worked okay before and all you did was to change the nozzle it would seem to be connected with that.

Secondly...I would start by taking the needle out and then remove the trigger. Then take something like a toothpick and press down on the valve assembly....which it what the trigger presses down on. It should spring up and down. If that doesn't give you an airflow you will have to remove the assembly, clean any gunk off it and reassemble with a VERY SLIGHT amount of lube on it. That nozzle is very small...is there any gunk in it from the factory? Can you see through it?

Let us know what the solution is.

Bob

Well, I took the nozzle off and thoroughly cleaned it. Still no air, so guess I'll have to take the valve assembly apart and go from there. In the mean time, I got my Revolution cr back up and running, so I'm not totally screwed. Thanks for the feedback fellas. One of the many reasons I love this site!

Try this...take off everything on the front of the A/B... nozzle cap, nozzle etc and see if air flows when you depress the trigger. If it does, it's not the valve that's the problem.

On the other hand, I don't think a mismatched needle/nozzle would cause your problem. In normal operation, when you depress the trigger air flows..at least with a double action A/B..even when the trigger is not pulled back for paint flow. A mismatched needle/nozzle would sort of duplicate this situation. I think the air flows around the nozzle rather than through it and pulls the paint out with the airflow.

Bob

Sounds like some foreign matter is in the area of air flow. Take the airbrush apart at the bottom. Now hook up your air supply to the lower part that you removed. No air should be flowing. A brass pin with a tiny rubber gasket will be sticking out,press it down. If air flows that part is fine if not...well you need to call Iwata. If air does flow do this.Reassemble the bottom and then Take the front off again.Check it for kicks...if no air flow run a fine piece of soft wire through the airflow opening. It's a hole below the nozzle at the front of the airbrush. check for airflow. If this doesn't work call Iwata.. I do believe the Airbrush does carry a 5 year warranty... and they are usually more than willing to help out...

Good Luck

Viper730 Out.....

This can happen if the nozzle isn't fully screwed into it's seal (don't over tighten though!!)as the conical nozzle will protrude too far into the nozzle cap, narrowing the air outlet.

Or as has been suggested, if the wrong nozzle has been supplied. The Neo CN's nozzle part number is 0801 - if the 0.5mm nozzle (0802) has been supplied it will virtually fill the nozzle cap orifice & consequently partially or completely block the airflow....

Edited by Air-Craft