Group Buiild Proposal

Recce Birds Rule  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested?

• yes
    • no

Speaking of 13 days, how about the 13 days in October 1962 when the US and Russia were a breath or two from starting WW-III over the missiles in Cuba? Anyone thinking about building a recce bird from that little brouhaha? RF-8 Crusader, U-2 Dragon Lady, RF-101C VooDoo, maybe one or two others. Does anyone know if the RF-84F got involved in that?

Darwin

Edited by yardbird78

We're not there yet? :D/>

I think in addition to the 1/144 Rivet Joint conversion I'm going to do my Dragon 1/144 U-2R and SR-71. I also stumbled across an old LS SR-71 also in 1/144. I have some pretty cool SR decals from Rocketeer that I plan on using. These should be super simple builds due to low parts count, a single color paint scheme and should be easy to knock out in a short amount of time.

Don

...... I have some pretty cool SR decals from Rocketeer that I plan on using......Don

"Are we there yet?" Not quite, but the light is visible at the end of the tunnel.

If you have any of those 1/144th Rocketeer decals left over, I would be interested in purchasing them from you. I am primarily interested in the tail numbers or buzz numbers on the engine nacelles.

Darwin

"Are we there yet?" Not quite, but the light is visible at the end of the tunnel.

If you have any of those 1/144th Rocketeer decals left over, I would be interested in purchasing them from you. I am primarily interested in the tail numbers or buzz numbers on the engine nacelles.

Darwin

I'll let you know what's left Darwin. I'll probably keep the NASA markings that are left over but some of the others I might be able to let go of.

Don

Darwin,

After looking over this sheet again, there won't be much leftover. They only give you enough data and red walkways for one jet and two sets of US Air Force and USAF. Also, two sets of stars and bars (one with white surround and one without). I'll end up using all of this. My plan is to do Ichi Ban (974) and the SR-71 loaned to NASA with the yellow tail stripes and the bogus 937 added and fictitious YF-12C designation given. It won't leave much but you're welcome to the rest.

Don

• 2 weeks later...

being on the right side on the IDL, i guess i get to start a few hrs earlier than some others 70.gif

Go for it! I will post information on the GB site as soon as the ARC mods set it up.

Darwin

Another Phantom for those wanting to do something different.

The JASDF RF-4EJ, that was an F-4EJ updated and fitted with three different Recce pods on the centerline.

Phantom FGR 2s (US called them F-4M) with the RAF, also. (that was probably already mentioned)

I haven't finished a model in YEARS so I'm probably not in, but how about WWII USN subject with a P, S or O in their designator? Patrol, Scout, Observation. Such as the PBY, SBD, OS2U. And no one has mentioned the old biplanes where the GIB wielded a cumbersome box camera out in the slipstream to take pictures of trenches or whatever. The L-4 used for artillery spotting. And this145941_Lockheed_EC-121P_Warning_Star_US_Navy_%2810984824144%29.jpg is what my dad was a flight engineer on during the Cuban missle crisis.

The starting gates are open and everyone is cleared in hot to start your recce projects. The official GB page won't be set up until Monday or Tuesday, but you can start building in the meantime.

Darwin