MiG-23 correcrions in 1/48 scale

Hi! As mentioned in one other thread on this forum I have started preparing some corrections for the MiG-23 family in 1/48 scale. The first and most needed one is the MiG-23 BN nose which will be followed by a MiG-23 ML/MLD nose. This is the first picture of the current work with the general shape. More and better pictures during the weekend. As you see there is a lot of work to be done nut it already is miles ahead of the Trumpeter offering.

MiG-23%20BN_zpsedrhodqf.jpg

Awesome!

i don't plan to build a BN anytime, but if it can be of any use for a MiG-27 conversion, i'll buy one for sure!

i'll get for sure anything you'll bring for the ML/MLD! 70.gif

hope that if Trumpeter bring a MiG-27 series, as they should, you'll be there also (to offer us a "fixes")w00t.gif

• 1 month later...

It looks from the picture that the angle change between the bottom of the canopy and the windscreen isn't there. Or is it distortion of the picture?

M

You are right. It's been already revised.

• 2 weeks later...

OOOOh getting close. Great. I had put off picking up the Trumpeter MiG 23 kit because the nose is so off. And now you say you are also working on the intakes. Even better news :banana::banana:

Edited by skyhawk174

Is there still more work to d on the canopy? It looks like the relation between the top of the canopy and the windscreen is better (?), but the canopy sill is still angled down, and tapered, where-as it should be horizontal and straight.

I'm really not trying to be overly picky, sorry if I'm causing heartache

M

but the canopy sill is still angled down, and tapered, where-as it should be horizontal and straight.

I think the sill is anlgled down a little on the real thing.

stenkaBN.jpg

Perhaps 30 minutes to 1 degree down angle perhaps. Personally I can live with it. A huge improvement over Trumpy's "slide".The kit's rear sill may to be too swept though.

Edited by Laurent
  • 1 month later...

I just got Trumpeter's MiG-27 in and it has a new nose sprue. No idea if it is correct as I haven't had time to check.

[Edit - I checked and there have been no corrections to the outline of the nose, canopy sills, canopies, or cockpit armor.]

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth