F/A-18C instrument bay images?

Hey folks.

I have the Lock On, and Walk Around books for the legacy Hornet, but none have really good color images of the instrument bay behind the ejection seat. I've searched the net and can not find any. Does anyone have a reference or link?

Thanks!

Tracy

Hey folks.

I have the Lock On, and Walk Around books for the legacy Hornet, but none have really good color images of the instrument bay behind the ejection seat. I've searched the net and can not find any. Does anyone have a reference or link?

Thanks!

Tracy

They all differ back there, we call it the hell hole. I only have images of CF-18s, ours were substantially different than what is found in a C model.

A little more info. I'm using the Cutting Edge Late version Lot 19 cockpit. I'm more interested in what colors the boxes are than their arrangement based on Lot #

Thanks for the other reference material as well folks!

PM sent w/ email Loki.

Thanks,

Tracy

Nice shot! thanks!

Tracy

You're welcome. I have a few thousand images of the F/A-18 that I took over a 25 year period, both in print and digital format. If you need a photograph of a detail on the aircraft, I more than likely have it.

Here you go. BuNo 164658 Lot 14 F/A-18C Hell Hole. What you're modeling will be close to this set up. However, as it's already been mentioned, the hell holes vary from aircraft to aircraft and lot to lot.

DSCF0170_zpsybxmtswf.jpg

Haha! No prize for guessing why it's called the Hell Hole! As a former aircraft tech, I can instantly see that it would be awkward doing anything in there especially with that canopy support bar in the way! Nice shot though!

Need another pic!

There is a cylinder on the aft cockpit bulkhead, left side in the Cutting Edge Late Lot19 cockpit set. Neither the Walk Around or the Lock On books show it. I don't think it's O2 (green), or a Fire Bottle (Red). Anyone know what color that bottle is?

Here's a shot showing the bottle from the side.

http://acc.kitreview.com/images/fa18c32images/detail1.jpg

Thanks,

Tracy

Need another pic!

There is a cylinder on the aft cockpit bulkhead, left side in the Cutting Edge Late Lot19 cockpit set. Neither the Walk Around or the Lock On books show it. I don't think it's O2 (green), or a Fire Bottle (Red). Anyone know what color that bottle is?

Here's a shot showing the bottle from the side.

http://acc.kitreview.com/images/fa18c32images/detail1.jpg

Thanks,

Tracy

If my memory is correct, it is part of the oxygen system. I'm pretty confidant it is the heat exchanger that converts liquid oxygen into breathable oxygen for the aircrew. I was ordnance, so I'm going on memory here!

This one is the same gray as the cockpit, but I also have a photo somewhere of a silver one.

Dave

DSCF5141_zpstnts3emu.jpg