The Modern Eagle Guide, 2nd Edition

• 1 month later...

Ok I will add my kudos to this publication. I received my copy last week and slowly going through it. Wow, wow and yet more wow. I actually thought it was information overload but then again maybe I should just soak it all in. I would hazard a guess that if you are building an Eagle (and everyone should at one point in their modelling career) you have no further need for any further reference. Who would have thought grown men can get all excited about a book of pictures of pictures of planes and close up ones at that :)

Even the foreign users was a nice touch but I would have liked some more info on them. I understand it is all dependent on what Jake was able to lay his hands on and certainly not a criticism. Hopefully I can find some more info on the Singapore F-15E birds in the near future.

BTW? Could I request for Jake's autograph for next order?

Sure. Just email me or put the request in the remarks section on the order page.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Is this thread an appropriate place to ask questions regarding content clarification?

For example, from what material is the Secondary Heat Exchanger Exhaust vent grill made (pg 76)?  304SS? 316SS? Ti?

Pg 160/161, it's written that the nose gear bay wall contains the Avionics Status Panel without noting which versions carry it. From the photos on these two pages, it appears only the "Dark Grey" Eagles have the panel.  Is this conjecture correct?

Thanks!

Edited by Slartibartfast
On 2/10/2017 at 3:59 PM, Slartibartfast said:

Is this thread an appropriate place to ask questions regarding content clarification?

For example, from what material is the Secondary Heat Exchanger Exhaust vent grill made (pg 76)?  304SS? 316SS? Ti?

Pg 160/161, it's written that the nose gear bay wall contains the Avionics Status Panel without noting which versions carry it. From the photos on these two pages, it appears only the "Dark Grey" Eagles have the panel.  Is this conjecture correct?

Thanks!

I have absolutely no idea from what material the vent is made.

The ASP is found on all Eagles. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...