Tamiya F-16CJ 55th FS Operation Unified Protector 2011 (1/32)

Thanks!

4 hours ago, dsahling said:

One thing maybe some of the F-16 experts out there can help answer.  I've noticed a lot of the F-16C Block 50/52 usually the one's assigned to "Wild Weasel" missions have a portion of the vertical stabilizer attachment that looks like a lighter shade of grey, maybe FS 36375, compared to the other medium grey FS 36270, although it could just be a fresh coat of paint?  Any thoughts?

I am no expert, but the section is the one which received the BLOS antenna. I think they came in the lighter shade from the factory, and until the jet got its next repaint, it stayed in that color.

Cheers,
Markus

On 3/15/2017 at 1:56 AM, delayar said:

Thanks!

I am no expert, but the section is the one which received the BLOS antenna. I think they came in the lighter shade from the factory, and until the jet got its next repaint, it stayed in that color.

Cheers,
Markus

That came from the CCIP upgrade. In most cases the new antenna on the leading edge of the vertical stab wouldn't get painted until the next full paint, so they'd looked mismatched for some time. When I was in Italy for some stupid reason we sent a couple of jets to full paint then weeks later for the CCIP upgrade and they'd come back looking that way, really annoying. This is a great viper build by the way. The block 50 was always my favorite to work.