Fokker XXI colour

Good afternoon allTry as I might, I don't seem to be able to come up with the right green for this A/C. The pics from the Dutch museum show a green that is definitely not Olive as called out. It seems to me to be a brighter green. Has anyone come up with a magic mix or is there a colour out there that is already close? I am getting frustrated - this kit has been in the process for 10 years and I've finally decided to push on and finish it off.deadhorse1.gif

Cheers

Paul

Edited by MacStingy

Thanks for the help guys. What is causing my confusion is that the FS call out and what you see in pictures from a Dutch museum are very different. XF-11- J.N. Green is very different from the walk around pics which show almost turquoise green to me. Could the museum aircraft be inaccurate? I have been spinning over this for a long time which is why the model gets put aside so much.

BANGHEAD2.jpg

Paul

Museum aircraft can be notoriously misleading. Can you get information on the specific aircraft from the museum? Confounding the issue, it is my understanding that in addition to various shades of OD, it was known to fade very differently depending on the formulation/manufacturer.

You could also contact MW Models from Andre's WEM@Britmodeller link above. I found WEM research to be quite good--I miss them, I discovered their paints not long before they shut down.

If you're doing the museum aircraft, match it. Otherwise, ignore it and use your best info for an in-service aircraft

I think I'm going to wing it as an in service A/C. This has bugged me too long. No body that comes by here will call me on the colour, so I'll just ignore the museum pics and go with what most of the call outs specify.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks Vedran

Those look to be the colours I'm going to aim at. I had never seen that Fokker before. My wife is Dutch so I don't think she'll complain if I happen to pick one up.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by MacStingy

As far as photos of the Soesterberg D.XXI, I can say from personal experience that the aircraft is difficult to photograph. The green comes out, for some reason, as a lighter, almost blue-green, color than what is on the aircraft. Then there's the question of whether the colors on the museum aircraft are correct - certainly recent research indicates the beige color is too tan. I'd go with the FS colors cited from the D.XXIII kit.