Fündekals 1/72 F-106s... another sneak peek!

Working on it, I promise :) Actually I'm having a tough time trying to figure out which one to do. I really like MG Price's "El Jefe" with the 21st NORAD DIVISION titles on the tip tanks and the humongous white/green command stripes on it, but I'd also like to do a more standard in-service bird that's representative of the squadron. The birds on the tail are different between the two.

J

Working on it, I promise :)/> Actually I'm having a tough time trying to figure out which one to do. I really like MG Price's "El Jefe" with the 21st NORAD DIVISION titles on the tip tanks and the humongous white/green command stripes on it, but I'd also like to do a more standard in-service bird that's representative of the squadron. The birds on the tail are different between the two.

J

Ooh, I love those green and white command stripes! Are you going to do pre or post TAC? I always thought it looked kind of funny with the TAC badge on the tail.

Meng has no 1/48 lineup. Others, however, do :)

If you're alluding to the Trumpeter "thing", it's not even a horse. Well, it's part of a horse, but my mom taught me not to use that kind of language in public.

Edited by Jennings

Plan on doing City of Jacksonville at some point, but not the others. For one, they're all pretty big markings, and for another, other than CoJ, most of them were pretty hideously ugly.

Absolutely great choices there Jennings. Looks like that first profile is special markings for a William Tell meet? Not familiar with the squadron though.

Can't wait until you release these in 1/48 and I can get rid of my Superscale sheets. Hopefully by then Meng has scaled up their 1/72nd jem. Yeah, wishful thinking I know.

I do have four Monogram kits in the stash so lots of stock there to get ready :) in the mean time. Having built one already I know the pitfalls on that kit especially the landing gear but that is another story.

Yes, the top aircraft on the image at the top of the page is a William Tell 1965 participant from the 71st FIS at Selfridge. The 71st never had very exciting markings for most of its history. They added the blue/white checkerboard and apple and arrow motif just for WT 65.

Wow, nice Jennings. Those Green Dragons are one of my all time favourite squadrons for the F-106. Maybe because it is the only squadron I was actually able to be up close and personal with when they were stationed at Griffis AFB. I have two sheets for 1/48 deals from Superscale but only one is really usable. The first sheet had the green really off in my mind. The second one is much better. All academic if/when you release your sheets.

Hmmm, maybe you release sheets of only the CO aircraft with the fuselage stripes. Although thinking about it now not sure if they all did that. Maybe you can call the sheet Stars and Stripes :) Ok back to my modelling bench.

Enough with the teasing already, I think I am going to have a heart attack :) :) :)

Just gets better and better. The F-106 has got to be one of the most beautiful aircraft out there. Ok there I said it. Let the flaming begin :P