Paid for a set of Ch-53 Ya'sur resin for the Italeri kit on 26 December but have yet to receive it. Site shows "Order Shipped" but no joy on this end. Sent two E-mail to them but have not had a response. May be time to get PayPal involved! Anyone else have a problem with them? I've ordered from them on two other occasions with no problems but the third time is obviously NOT the charm!

WARDOG

I recently had a problem with them too. The way it was resolved was a bit unusual I thought. I had to sign in to my account, then make a "request". The only way I saw messages from them was to do the sign in and going to "My request" each time. No normal emails or any other exchanges at all. After a bit of back and forth about PayPal transaction numbers and such it was finally resolved. Nothing happened quickly and it took a couple exchanges with the same transaction data before they moved much. I have one current open order that will burn the credit from the resolution. After that is done I will not be ordering from them again.

I have an account with them and have had several transactions over the past few years, but no longer feel comfortable dealing with them. I have come away from this feeling they were very one sided and not customer friendly at all. No apology for their mistake or anything, just credited my account and case closed. To be fair, they did resolve the problem. And the cool exchange could have just been a cultural disconnect.

It's obviously a bit of a lottery with these fellas! I ordered tons of stuff from them over the last 6-7 years, and keep coming back because of their competitive prices (shipped to UK) and excellent service. Everything arrives quickly from the other side of the planet, and is packaged to survive a direct slap from a JDAM.

Only had problems twice. Once when something they showed as in stock wasn't (found the item locally, e-mailed LM who cancelled the order and refunded the credit card payment right away); second time was all my stupid fault and they still went out of their way to fix it swiftly at no cost to me!

Now, I have no connection with Lucky Model, and when I refer to 'a ton of stuff' it's relative to my own purchasing habits -Mr Chung ain't gonna be able to retire early on my nickels & dimes! But they've always been really useful, and I wish other clients here got the same experience with them.

:dontknow:

It's obviously a bit of a lottery with these fellas!

I wouldn't say that is a very fair overview of Lucky Model. The fact is you only ever hear of the people that have had a bad experience with them, not the tens of thousands of good experiences. I personally have also ordered from them a few times and never had a problem, and as you say quick postage and well packaged. Ok they don't do emails but why would they when they have their own messaging system? I've used the system twice before and have always received a reply within 48hrs.

For me LM are one of the most trusted businesses out there.

any and all issues that I have ever had with LM have been taken care of quickly and to my total satisfaction. the only problem I have with the way they do things is that they use DHL for shipping to north america. which takes about 10 days longer. after an email they now send my stuff on regular post.

with over 100 orders from them, I am very satisfied.

The reason we use my request as the email not reliable. Many times get spam, rejected. We have no way to communicate. So we build our own message system to serve that.

For those shipped but not received, we will handle.either credit or refund. But also we try some case that the package get delivered but still ask for refund. So some step may be taken to avoid misuse of our services.

I did have some issues but LM (Raymond and Elsie) were always pretty quick to reply and offer a solution. They do have great prices but considering the issues I had, if customer service had not been so good I would have changed suppliers.

In a word, I'm sure your issue will be solved soon and satisfactorily :)

Arnaud

Thanks All,

Your responses are appreciated.

Dear Mr. Chung,

Thank You also for your response, I had no way of knowing I could contact you by another manner.

I would first like to say that I can understand your apprehension about someone "saying" they didn't get their order to steal and take at vantage of your company but that is definitely not the case here. My integrity amongst these sites is verifiable and, if I were dishonest, I would be wasting my time and yours for a lousey $35.99. My problem is that I was not able to get any feedback from your company and as I said, had no idea about you using another method of communication.

I will contact you using the PM method so that we can resolve the issue. I consider my current problem to be a glitch as I have ordered from your company before with no issues and look forward to doing so again.

Glynn "WARDOG" Jacobs

I'm honestly kind of surprised that this is still an issue. I think that every single thread I've ever seen complaining about Lucky Model - for at least a decade, and on countless different websites - has been exactly the same: they won't respond to my e-mails; you need to PM them via their website; I have now PMed them and they were quick to fix my problem.

I kinda thought everyone knew by now: if you have a problem with Lucky Model, open a request via 'My Requests' on their website.

Maybe it'd help of LM had an auto-reply to any e-mails sent to their customer service address. Something like, 'If you have a problem with an order, please use the 'My Requests' feature to contact our customer support staff. If your e-mail is about _____ (whatever they actually use the info@ address for), we will get back to you presently.' Or they're concerned about mixing up customer service e-mails from whatever business is conducted via the info@ account, add a new e-mail address like support@ or something, say it's for customer service, then use an auto-reply to drive traffic to the Requests system.

The only way I saw messages from them was to do the sign in and going to "My request" each time. No normal emails or any other exchanges at all.

That's not strictly accurate. You have to be logged in to your account, but you'll see a message at the top of the main page - right under the categories bar - saying that you have a new or unread message. You don't have to check your messages directly to see if you have a new message, it'll be flagged for you if you do. (obviously they're not going to show account specific information without your being logged in) But otherwise, yes, their customer service ticketing system is all done via the LM website.

Nfiler, the reason you do not get any email, because it go to your spam folder or our email was blocked by your email server.

All my request activities has an email to your account. That is the reason why we need a PM system instead of email. All our reply via email or request is email forwarded. But we have no clue if you get it or not.

Got a VERY swift reply from Mr. Chung indicating where the problem occurred and a resolution to it. For me, it was a satisfactory explanation and I will continue to order from LM.

MoFo, perhaps I should have read through the site menu a little more thoroughly so that I could have gotten to the crux of the matter a little sooner. As far as the the case of the PM method of communicating though, I would probably say that it is less obvious than it seems but your suggestions to Mr. Chung should smooth things out a bit.

WARDOG

Edited by Glynn Jacobs

Nfiler, the reason you do not get any email, because it go to your spam folder or our email was blocked by your email server.

All my request activities has an email to your account. That is the reason why we need a PM system instead of email. All our reply via email or request is email forwarded. But we have no clue if you get it or not.

Raymond,

Thanks for the personal reply. I now understand more and will reconsider my decision. Elsie did a good job resolving my problem. I suspect there might be something wrong with my email address that you have and will try to fix that now.

On one of the earlier posts I said I had difficulty dealing with them. In one of the replies Raymond pointed out that my email address was not working. So a part of the problem was mine. I got that corrected today and got a prompt reply from Elsie. At this point I would withdraw my statement that I would not deal with them in the future. I have never been a big spender with them, but I have been a customer for a long while and will continue to buy from them as needed.

I have to add to the good responses from Lucky Model/Kinetic I've had only two issues arise and both were handled within a few days, to my total satisfaction; though none were about shipping.

Lucky Model is still my #1 source for kits and aftermarket since they offer free shipping for most of the aftermarket companies. Anniversary and Christmas sales are great because they balance the shipping charge when you order kits.

Customer service has been second to none every time I have needed.

If you are not in a hurry, like most of us, Lucky Model prices are hard to beat.

My two cents.

Juan