I'm in with a 1/72 Fine Molds Ka-14 at first. Since I plan to take part in the other two March GBs as well, I'll see if I have the time to do more after that. I especially want to do a Singaporean bird.

Would the kit below be considered acceptable according to the rules? The subject itself is not really a What-if per se since Japan did order the Osprey for its SDF, but the markings do kind of qualify as a What-if since nobody knows if Japan's V-22s will be painted as such.

xIf7mJN.jpg

Never have I ever built anything modern Russian/Soviet before (my interests tend to be WWII to around 1970). So this will be a first for me:

IMG_20160228_094635_zps6av3tx5u.jpg

Chinese Su-30MKK that will look (hopefully) something like this:

su30_7_zpsb7n5l9sx.jpg

Nothing fancy. Straight OOB including kit decals.

Looking forward to it!

:cheers:

Don.

I plan to build an Indian Air Force MiG-29A, KB720 with it's ACMI paint scheme in 1991.

72_8_b1.jpg

I will use the Testors boxed Italeri 1/72 scale kit with Hi Decals

Edited by Johnopfor

Well Last September We were on a flight from Japan to KL Malaysia And we were intercepted by this guy from Indonesia:

IMG_1447.jpg

And it was the coolest thing I ever saw!

So I had the bug for this jet! And Caracal Models JUST released a decal sheet with this very same bird..... So.... After getting the kit and all the goodies for it....

It's Time!!!

Dave

Edited by Tomcat Tweeker

I don't know what I'll decide on, or if I'll finish or actually start, but we'll see how motivation goes. I do have a number of options to choose from, though:

Bangladesh MiG-29

India MiG-29

Japan F-4EJ, F-4EJKai, RF-4E

Malaysia MiG-29

Myanmar MiG-29

South Korea F-4

North Korea MiG-29

I'll probably start with the F-4EJ Kai (I have the Hase 8 Sqn boxing, I love that two-tone blue scheme), but I'm also quite tempted to try for a pair of North Korean Fulcrums, one in the standard green/blue and one in the new Cloud scheme... we'll see.

I'm in with a 1/72 Fine Molds Ka-14 at first. Since I plan to take part in the other two March GBs as well, I'll see if I have the time to do more after that. I especially want to do a Singaporean bird.

Would the kit below be considered acceptable according to the rules? The subject itself is not really a What-if per se since Japan did order the Osprey for its SDF, but the markings do kind of qualify as a What-if since nobody knows if Japan's V-22s will be painted as such.

xIf7mJN.jpg

I'm happy to allow it in.

• 2 weeks later...

xIf7mJN.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Considering entering a Thai F-16A in the early scheme. Can anyone tell me if this scheme is 36373/36320 as reported by decal maker Zotz, or 36375/36270 as reported by wings-aviation.ch? These are enough different that even in 1/72 I think the difference will be visible.

Just picked up the Trumpeter J-7GB in 48th and thought I'd do it for this GB. On travel for a couple more weeks so will start the build thread when I get back.

This is the PLAAF demo team boxing. You get the numbers and unit markings but have to do the white and blue areas via masking and painting so should be fun.