Airfix F4F-4 Wildcat 1/72

Sorry but for me it's a lot too dirty!!!

I think that the mechanics who would have left flying an aircraft in such a state

would have been sacked at once.

What DO YOU think about it????

OK for dirty but not too much!!!

Edited by polo1112

Sorry but for me it's a lot too dirty!!!

I think that the mechanics who would have left flying an aircraft in such a state

would have been sacked at once.

What DO YOU think about it????

OK for dirty but not too much!!!

I think that you can be right as i can be right another day. Modeling is fun and also an interpretation of various states.

Everyone is free. You of course, and me also.

Cheers

Looks good to me :thumbsup: ! This model is on my list of "to get". As far as it being too dirty goes, there are always exceptions and at the end of the day its up to the modeler to decide how they want their model to look.

554380f521c2f3766f8196dc9d480ae1_zpscun0puig.jpg

Cheers and thanks for sharing!

:cheers:

Don.

Hello,

This is the new F4F-4. Riveted and markings for a training aircraft on the CVE Tripoli, circa 1943.

Thanks for looking at !

AE

_DSC0182.jpg

_DSC0183.jpg

Hello Vacinotac!

Looking awsome, nice built!

Mr Polo1112, before posting please search on the net! During war time the painting wasn't the most important things for the ground crews, the sometimes had only hours to maintenaned, fix repaired the damaged aircrafts and keep them airworthy conditions.During the battle of Britain they were working over nights to put as many aircrafts as they could on qra by the next day, same situation could be on the aircraft carriers mostly far away from the home base... lacking of spare parts and replenishment.... ;) Finaly building models is a hobby and many people want to take it just as a hobby.. finaly here is some pictures about the war weary aircrafts....

Damaged_F4F-4_Wildcat_of_VF-11_on_Guadalcanal_1943.jpg

F4F guadalcanal....landing accident...

letoumllteacutes.jpg

F4U Corsair RNZAF Tutae Wera

IMG_6069.jpg

this is a could model the Tutae Wera... (not perfect...but mine...and i love it)

Cheers Magyaralba