:woot.gif: Me first, yeh...?

Gonna start workin' on the 1/48th scale Academy Hawker Hunter F.6 kit, for which me plans a T.7 conversion usin' the Heritage Aviation resin kit.

One thing, tho; wanted to see whether there exists a 1/48 T.7 resin cockpit set 'cause I'm not very happy with that which comes in the HA conversion set.

Cheers,

UncĀ²

:woot.gif:/>/> Me first, yeh...?

Gonna start workin' on the 1/48th scale Academy Hawker Hunter F.6 kit, for which me plans a T.7 conversion usin' the Heritage Aviation resin kit.

One thing, tho; wanted to see whether there exists a 1/48 T.7 resin cockpit set 'cause I'm not very happy with that which comes in the HA conversion set.

Cheers,

UncĀ²

I think you missed the point of this GB, guv'nor.

Wasn't sure which way I wanted to go with this GB for a while. I have enough Soviet era kits in the stash to justify a personal theme build but the anniversary of WWI came along and dismissed any thought of starting another. But these two have been bugging me for some time and so, why not?

DSC01557.jpg

A simulbuild/comparison of the old 1/48 Classic Airframes and ICM MiG-3. I suspect the kits have been superseded by better ones but they're both in the stash and I'm not adding more. As luck would have it, the decal options for both kits include options for planes of the same unit and it's likely I'll go that way if the decals are still any good.

If time permits, I may throw down an armor build too. We'll see.

Ken

I'll be putting in a Dragon 1/35 King Tiger. Not sure yet whether I'll be doing it in a white-wash or regular camo.

Aftermarket parts include turned barrel and muzzle brake, as well as FruilModel metal tracks. Love those metal tracks!! Used them previously on a Tiger I build. Pain to clean up and put together, but worth it in the end.

If there is still time remaining, I would also like to see about doing some Russian armor. Maybe a T-34/85

Edited by bizzah

For some reason I've always drawn to the short, stubby winged I-16.

The prototype first flew in 1933 and at the onset of Barbarossa the semi obsolescent Ishak (little donkey) comprised almost two thirds of the Russian fighter forces.

I plan on building the 1/72 scale ICM kit which was purchased for a song and a dance for this group build.

I am no expert on the VVS but I will use diligence when trying come up with the proper colors and details.

I have a couple of other projects up my sleeve but let's just get through this first OK?

I'll be building the Revell 1/32 BF-109G-6 with markings of Franz Dƶrr was the Gruppenkommandeur of III./JG 5 who was operating out of Norway In October 1944, Dƶrr claimed 22 Russian aircraft shot down, including six on 9 October and five on 21 October". During World War II Franz Dƶrr was credited with 128 victories in over 437 combat missions. All but one of his victories were claimed over the Eastern Front, including 16 Il-2 Stormoviks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be starting a work in progress build thread here soon using this kit:

IMG_20160309_201731_zps5sz49mog.jpg

Nothing fancy. Straight OOB except some simple scratch details like rudder peddle straps. Oh and this decal sheet with Erich Hartmann G6's on it:

IMG_20160309_201832_zpsrznjeqau.jpg

I will be doing the first markings option, "Yellow 1" with the partial yellow fuselage band.

I should be starting on it within the week.

:cheers: all!

Don.

Got the Eduard photoetch and masks for the Zvezda Pe-2 today. This is going to be a challenging build, there are 435 parts in the kit. A lot of those are for the exposed engine. I also am going to try using Mr. Paint lacquer, I did a test with it and it sprays exceptionally well. I'm working on a J-7 for the Far East GB now, but I'll start this one once that build gets into the paint stage and I have time waiting for paint to dry.

20160317_214413.jpg

20160317_214423.jpg

20160317_214457.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The clear varnish is still curing on the I-16 so while that is transpiring I hope to start a parallel build of Zvezda's 1/72 scale Yak-3 and Eduard's 1/72 scale La-7.

The Yak is actually a snap fit kit while the La-7 is Eduard's "Weekend Edition" so I'm hoping these builds will be less complicated than the I-16. The Yak has some sink mark issues but I came up with a fix for

the worst of it.

Yak-3

OZEDFH6.jpg

La-7

kXV4aVJ.jpg

Hope to have something to share by next weekend.

Jim S

Hey I just wanted to check before I start anything too crazy. What Ifs are allowed, you mentioned that. I wanted to take an Abrams tank and kitbash back date it to make it look German. Is that OK?

I missed this post, you can do that we can use all the participation we can get.

The clear varnish is still curing on the I-16 so while that is transpiring I hope to start a parallel build of Zvezda's 1/72 scale Yak-3 and Eduard's 1/72 scale La-7.

The Yak is actually a snap fit kit while the La-7 is Eduard's "Weekend Edition" so I'm hoping these builds will be less complicated than the I-16. The Yak has some sink mark issues but I came up with a fix for

the worst of it.

Yak-3

OZEDFH6.jpg

La-7

kXV4aVJ.jpg

Hope to have something to share by next weekend.

Jim S

Those will be nice, looking forward to seeing them started.